Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stage one complete - Cooper ST Maxx

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
IMG00224-20110709-1735.jpg

IMG00223-20110709-1409.jpg

Errmm, ain't the blue stuff supposed to point at the truck...

:mrgreen:

Eh?

They are great on the road, but has showed up a steering wobble that i was putting off sorting so guess the axle stands and pry bars are out tomorrow.

Gav Peter said:
Errmm, ain't the blue stuff supposed to point at the truck...

:mrgreen:
Depends if it's a shiny or not, Gav ;) White lettering out on shinies... :whistle:
The tyres DO look great - I'll be watching your feedback on their performance with interest, Paul :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jealousy is a cruel mistress :mrgreen:

What size MAXXs did you fit in the end Paul & do you know what the standard tyre size is on trucks with 18" rims?

Cheers
Gav

Didn't think you were interested Gav, they now only come with white writing on both sides. ;)

Not really, but thats what i told the girlfriend. :twisted:

I went with 285-75/16 in the end, dont know what the 18's will be.

Noticed they come in 275/70/r18 & wondered how that compared to the standard 18" size on an Amazon...

Thats a snadge over 33" o/d on the 18" rim whilst the 16" size is a snot under 33"...

How are they working out for you? Apart from the white lettering?? :lol:

The white writing is still blue at the mo, not had much use as work is busy, but so far:
In the wet.........great
Noise.........no road noise at all
Fashion........people do stop and point and small boys describe them as "Cool"
Size......wont fit underneath as it hits panhard rod but thats due to the make of tow bar in the way, seen another that is much further out.

Fitted a set last week my General AT2's had done about 35,000 and while still legal (approx 8mm) I was starting to lose traction off road. Paul at Westcoast 4x4 had a set in they were fitted Thursday, I've done 550mils at the weekend stalking in Scotland - first impressions; :thumbup:

they look great a cross between AT and MT
they ride well on the motorway. no additional noise
they did very well in mud and soft conditions, definitley clear mud well (the disco 3 was abandoned when the going got muddy)
MPG is the same as with AT2

However on loose shale forest tracks over 30mph they felt very tippy, understeering on cambers like it was on ice, not very nice :? , I got out expecting a puncture but no all pressures where fine. I had to keep the speed down where as the disco 3 that was on AT2's had no such issues (I drove his on the same strech to compare)

Overall very pleased, on the hoon back down on twisty tarmac and motorway no issues with understeer even in the wet. Great when properly off roading but strange on the loose gravel?

to be continued!

Back