Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

stage one of lj70 improvements complete

rikm777

when i bought it
1z3349l.jpg

where we,re up tp now
k35fh5.jpg

next step 3 link suspension set up and the search for a 1 kzt engine at a sensible price continues

Damn that's fine looking. Absolute badass.

Whaz next?

Chris

Edit - just seen Susp and 1KZ-T engine. Hmm.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks good :) what did you do to the indicators? I like it. where did you get the snorkel to fit the lj70? Been looking out for one

Looks like a Toyota version of a stealth bomber. :thumbup:

I do like the round h/lamp look. Now I wonder what it would take to do a conversion.

Roger

Roger Fairclough said:
Looks like a Toyota version of a stealth bomber. :thumbup:

I do like the round h/lamp look. Now I wonder what it would take to do a conversion.

Roger
Ditto to that, now how to fit a ground to ground missile launcher below the wheel arches :confusion-confused:

thanks guys for all the positive feedback.i have to admit though with that 2lt engine it still has rather more bark than bite.in hindsight i probably should have got the later kzj to get that great 1 kzt engine but i was just asthetically drawn to that round headlight look.must be from from my youth and the series one landrovers i had(whatever happened to landrover eh.passed round like an unwanted puppy and ended up purveyors of overpriced unreliable rubbish for footballers wifes).long live toyota
i bought the snorkel new off e bay Simon.it came from malaysia.put a search for a seller called 4x4 enthus.it came in about 12/14 days.good people to deal with and a third of the price of the only other two i found which were in france and poland.the side lights are modified with er duct tape!i dont use it on the road and i wanted it to look blacker(like a spinal tap album!).also Simon if you,re still considering a rear locker for yours the one from a lj78 i grafted onto my rear axle works a treat.Right i,m off to destroy a poorly defended middle east country in the name of peace

looks very smart. :clap:

i think having the windows tinted would make it look even better. :twisted:

if you dont use it on the road what do you use it for? :think:

its just for pay and play days in the mud Ben,there really isnt a great deal of green lanes down my way that i,m aware of.i did try tinting the back windows but i just couldnt see a thing out of them.i think it majorly contributed to this last time i was out
jif5ea.jpg

my poor off road driving skills might have played a part as well!

Looks great I'm going for the black mercenary look myself. I'm wrapping mine in Matt black with carbon fibre for anything that sticks out.

Just need to find a supplier of the wrap.

matt black wrap sounds nice.good for evading enemy radar as well!
and yep there was a silly amount of damage after that girly roll.shattered windscreen was the only obvious damage at the time but then i realised neither of the doors lined up properly and both windscreen pillars had pushed over about 2 inches.a big bottle jack and scaffold tube amazingly got it all fairly true again(well within about 10mm of true !)

Rik

You decided to sell it mate?

Was at a very good price when I looked yesterday.

Pete

Back