Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stebel nautilus is here

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just need to fit it now, hope it stops raining.

Blimey :o :D Seems like an age ago that the horn thread was running :)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8700

You'll have to look into producing an audio file that we can all play, so we can have a listen to it :thumbup:

Paul,

Is that the train horn. If it is when you have fitted it I would love to come take a look and listen.

Steve

I believe it is called a train horn sometimes, i wanted something with a decent volume but not with all the hoses etc that you get with normal airhorns so this is a nice little package.
As i am now getting short of connections under the bonnet (the extra Toyota one is handy but a bit small) i am going to wire in a second fuse box that is activated by an ignition controlled relay as i dont like having relays straight off the battery in case they fail or stick (could be a bit of a problem with a horn that loud :oops: )

Still haven't fitted mine - been struggling for a suitable location - the front of the 120 is quite 'busy' what with rads and condensers and OEM horns etc. Probably do it at the end of Feb seeing as next weekend is verboten :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:clap: I thought it was a plane coming down at Speke!!!! :lol:

Mine fitted as well. Had to make a bracket for it as there's not enough room in the same area as the OEM tweeters :). Runs happily on the relay I chucked in too.

It's LOUD!!!

I've just bought one that has two horns and a compressor with two feeds that sound the horns alternatively, I'm hoping it's going to sound like a British Rail diesel :shock: :lol:

Are there any legality issues with having these installed in vehicles?

TonyP said:
Are there any legality issues with having these installed in vehicles?
Well on the eBay ad it says "Road legal" but he might be telling porkies. I shall install a second button for that one and I'll be keeping the standard horn as well, so I can say Oh no Ocifer, this is my horn. :?

Cossack said:
Well on the eBay ad it says "Road legal" but he might be telling porkies. I shall install a second button for that one and I'll be keeping the standard horn as well, so I can say Oh no Ocifer, this is my horn. :?

I had some air horns is a car in SA (back in my chav days) and I did something similar in that I had a switch to flick between the standard car horn and the air ones, as in theory the air ones were not legal :whistle:

These seem to be the next big thing so I've just reserved my Stebel Nautilus Compact at my local Halfrauds to pick up on the way home tonight :drool:

Hurry up with that 'how to' Paul :p

Does any one know how these will respond to dunking in muddy pond water? :think:

Cheers

Fitting instructions say it shouldn't go swimming. However, they do include a little gizmo that fits into the intake manifold :) that allows you to fit a standard air pipe (4mm??) to it and route that up under the bonnet or similar. Haven't done that yet!

Just make sure you fit it with exhaust manifold :) facing backwards if possible, and downwards!

Otherwise it might just be a loud-ish gargle :)

Back