Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steering Rack Leak can it be fixed ?

Think i will visit the tracking place i got them lined up no bother and even kept the steering wheel lined up without having to mess with it but i have a sneaky suspicion i have a slightly positive camber which probably has nothing to do with the rack but setting it up properly is long overdue .

Happily the test run went well and nothing fell off or leaked and i am surprised to find no change in how she steers , feels exactly the same as the old rack .

Just waiting for it to go cold now to see if i can put some more fluid in .

Last edited:
Good job Shayne when do you want me to Bob mine down :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Sag , the week after you have polished my engine until it shines like a show car would be a good time :thumbup:

Il get a photo of my engine bay tomorrow if weather fine and you might want to take the comment back :whistle:

Topped up the fluid while cold and got a proper drive today and yeah it is better steering lighter and more precise but familiar at the same time . I still can't believe a job i had almost convinced myself to be a bit technical for me to mess with turned out to be simply a case of out wit the old and in with the new .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
47 quid for a full wheel alignment at a new place i found great guys happy to discuss things and more importantly happy to go around in circles adjusting this which upsets that and visa versa until they were satisfied they could not get everything any closer to zero tolerance than they had . Money well spent and i came away knowing a string across my oversize tyres is nowhere near accurate .

A&A Cardiff .

Way to go Shayne, glad you got this sorted and that your next trip to my place won't rip the tread off another new pair of front tyres. :icon-rolleyes:

No more Marty Feldman, eh? :lol: :thumbup:

And next time i will be able to see where i'm going in the dark though i'm not sure that's a good thing when i'm following you :lol:

And next time i will be able to see where i'm going in the dark though i'm not sure that's a good thing when i'm following you :lol:

Nah, don't recommend that, just keep you're head down and follow the tail-lights :lol:

AA responded by saying sod off you should have read all the letters we sent daily for a fortnight please phone 03705444444 before your renewal date to cancel membership . Cancellation is option 2 which led to 15 minutes on hold listening to advertisements before a very agreeable lady answered and expressed concern and confusion that such a high level of cover could not include home call out and so offered to add the "upgrade" to my policy for both trucks at a cost of £25 .

Funny how that same upgrade cost £100+ when i needed it .

I am in two minds now , a cruiser always gets you home but if i'm away and the mrs has mechanical problems .......

AA responded by saying sod off you should have read all the letters we sent daily for a fortnight please phone 03705444444 before your renewal date to cancel membership . Cancellation is option 2 which led to 15 minutes on hold listening to advertisements before a very agreeable lady answered and expressed concern and confusion that such a high level of cover could not include home call out and so offered to add the "upgrade" to my policy for both trucks at a cost of £25 .

Funny how that same upgrade cost £100+ when i needed it .

I am in two minds now , a cruiser always gets you home but if i'm away and the mrs has mechanical problems .......
Here's my card Shayne all this for £30odd a month for 3 of us
image.jpeg
It includes the free parts repair aswell buddy.

I paid in full 300-ish for 2 cars , my cards yellow and says roadside relay , breakdown repair , multi vehicle .

I first phoned them because i wanted 2 weeks cover for the Romania trip and the quote they gave me was so ludicrous i said no chance i will do without , about an hour later i came off the phone with full uk cover .

Crazy thing is they told me today if i had shifted the car a quarter mile before making a claim they would have fixed it for free .

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it i felt it was a waste of money when i bought the cover because my truck has never failed me but you know an experience shared might save someone else the same headache .

I wonder what the difference is then as I've had all my call outs from home and repaired for free but it's something to keep in mind like you say,only really have it like you say for the wife and daughter peace of mind.

Back