Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Subi... at work...

Saw that. I was wondering what tyres he has on. A friend has a Scooby and the thing is a nightmare in the snow. gets itself stuck...

Cleverly edited video, erasing the cruiser and rope that towed the Scooby :twisted: :lol:

I reckon in the time it took to put the bit of string between the vehicles the ice had melted from the exhaust gases, omitted directly under the chassis towards the rear wheels..

hey guys - Scoobys arent that bad,
ive got a forester with snow tyres, in snow less than 1ft deep I find it better than the landcruiser!
it continues to amaze me how good it is in snow and even mud.

Doesn't a Forester have a centre difflock though? That WRX won't have. TBH I think the wagon only needed a little help as the ground looks almost level - my guess is he stopped on an icy patch and couldn't get off it, the little snatch from the scooby gave him enough to get going again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the forester doesn't have a centre difflock, but a viscous coupling in the centre diff
you might be thinking of the low range gears, the WRX and turbo fozzie dont have them, but the normally aspirated versions do

Dave Docwra said:
I reckon in the time it took to put the bit of string between the vehicles the ice had melted from the exhaust gases, omitted directly under the chassis towards the rear wheels..

I reckon you have hit the nail on the head, he will have been spinning the drive wheels, when he stopped to attach the rope, the heat from the tyres has melted the ice, and then when tried again has got traction !

Clearly the rope was frozen and the lorry was pushing the Scooby :lol:

Back