Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sump rust, now slow leak.

Aguirre

Hi all

drove away this morning and noticed a dirty oil mark where my landcruiser was parked! got under her and saw the sump is very oil to touch... last time i looked it was dry!

i've had a quick look online and i cant see any sumps available :|

unless you guys have one:)pray::pray::pray::pray:)... ...can a sump be welded? is it possible? also can a sump from a 12valve fit a sump from a 24 valve and vice versa. i'm very frightened to drive my cruiser now incase it decides to drop its load on the motorway!

thanks...:(

I don't have direct experience of welding an 80 series sump, specifically, but engine sumps can typically be welded. Question is why its rusted out - is it generally rusted from the outside (in which case the steel will be thin everywhere and likely start holing as soon as you go near it with a welder) or has it had a bang somehow and its a very localised issue?

Try Karl on here in any case - he's probably got spare ones!

I don't have direct experience of welding an 80 series sump, specifically, but engine sumps can typically be welded. Question is why its rusted out - is it generally rusted from the outside (in which case the steel will be thin everywhere and likely start holing as soon as you go near it with a welder) or has it had a bang somehow and its a very localised issue?

Try Karl on here in any case - he's probably got spare ones!
Most certainly rusted, never been banged!

I've been in touch with Karl and he says he'll let me know when he gets one in, but i thought i'd try on here as well, to find one quicker.. or a cure quicker. :icon-biggrin:

Back