Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sunroof water leak

Ok, I was a bit worried you might be about to rip out the dash in an attempt to fix your leak.

Good that you've proven the sunroof to be innocent in this. You now know it's the windscreen. IMO the only way to seal it properly is to remove and refit with butyl screen seal which can be found on eBay, and various other posts I've made about windscreens. It's not a difficult job, you just need to take it steady and not stress the screen taking it out. Another pair of hands is essential for moving the screen.

Ok, I was a bit worried you might be about to rip out the dash in an attempt to fix your leak.

Good that you've proven the sunroof to be innocent in this. You now know it's the windscreen. IMO the only way to seal it properly is to remove and refit with butyl screen seal which can be found on eBay, and various other posts I've made about windscreens. It's not a difficult job, you just need to take it steady and not stress the screen taking it out. Another pair of hands is essential for moving the screen.

Thats where I suspected to having my problem before StarCruiser & hope all is good now having changed the window seals. Its usually a good idea to change them if they have been since the factory. The heat here & natural weather they become hard & perish over time & yes your right not a big job.

Hello everyone ,

Does anyone has guide on how to replace the weatherstip on the sunroof ??

Thanks

I assume you mean the rubber seal around the glass edge? From what I can make out from the FSM, the glass panel is held on with 6 nuts and shims, the shims setting the height of the glass panel relative to the roof. Remove the inside trim panels or 'Garnishes' either side to expose the nuts. With the nuts removed it appears the glass panel should lift out. The procedure in the FSM gives the procedure for removing the whole drive mechanism first before lifting out the glass panel but it may be possible without.

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 13.39.46.png Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 13.46.30.png

Back