Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Superwinch H14W - Thoughts / opinions.....

Lorin

As some of you will know I am committed to getting a hydraulic winch. I have just been offered a Superwinch H14W and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or opinions regarding quality/reliability and whether I could run it on an 80 series.

I know it is pto driven so I would have to use a dedicated pump which isnt a problem.

Fitting also shouldn't be a problem as I intend to have a winch bumper custom made. The winch is rated at 14000lbs (lovely :thumbup: ) and is a worm drive... :think: - any advantages/disadvantages?

More info: http://www.innovation-engineering.co.uk/h14w.htm

Looks a bit big and heavy, will take a serious bumper to house that and some nice strong springs :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Looks a bit big and heavy, will take a serious bumper to house that and some nice strong springs :)

That's what I thought though the listed weight for the winch is 44kg compared to 45kg for a comparable Mile Marker H12000 (which is the original winch of choice). Superwinch website lists the installed weight (with steel rope) as 51kg..... :think: So I assume a reasonable bit lighter with synthetic rope.

Might be worth paying a visit to a land rover forum to get some info. As i'm sure you're aware, there's lots of these things attached to the front of scottish power et al 110's. With there being lots out there, they have a quite competitive second hand value for a branded winch and there are plenty people who have played about with them.

You might be able to attach it to a toyota pto or make a land rover pto fit, but it sounds like you want to go with an engine driven pump. If so, lr4x4.com would be a good place to start asking questions.

Very good winch, will pull a house down. It will also out last the LC :shock: If you can get the drive sorted and fitted fine, then there is no reason not to get it, price depending ;)

Another thing to bare in mine is the rope lenght, I think it will take about 180 foot of plasma rope :doh:

Paul

Back