Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swiss greetings from France

G

Hi everyone

My name is Raphael.
I'm from Switzerland and i reside near the Swiss border in France.
The languages i speak are swiss-german, german, english and french.
Since March 2007 i have a blue J9, which i like to cruise on and off road.

LCC1.jpg

4x4 experience:
When we have snow, i often use the low gear to drive down the steep and winding gateway into my garage.
When off road, i drive just slow and unhurried to get anywhere i want.

Modifications:
So far i have made 2 modifications.

1. reclining area (August 2008)
Allows me to use my LC as a mobile home for one or two persons. When used for 1 person, its like a little bedroom. If used by 2 persons, its a wide double bed.
But i also use it as a large even load area for goods transportation and it offers a lower level for storing stuff. The solid construction is made of steel and wood.
LCC2.jpg

2. CB-Antenna (November 2010)
Recently i installed a CB-Radio and needed to mount an antenna on my LC, which i finally placed at the right rear corner next to the backdoor. For a wider radio range i can replace the standard antenna with a longer one in less than a minute. With the short antenna my LC is not higher than 1.95m and with the long antenna its 2.74m, but no problem to drive with it.
LCC3.jpg

Planned modifications:
Diesel park heating, extra tank, solar panel, additional battery, safari snorkel, intercooler, ...

I have some technical knowledge, but i'm not a car mechanic, so i hope that i can find here some advices for my projects and a lot of nice talks in this forum.

Best regards

Raphael

welcome to the club. :)

nice cruiser. :thumbup:

Welcome on board Raphael - I like the layout in the back of the truck :cool:

Welcome to the club Raphael.
Your 90 looks to be in fantastic condition :thumbup:

Hi Raphael, wery smart indeed. In the correct colour too :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking good Raphael, welcome to the forum, great bunch of people here and always someone willing and able to help !

Colours OK I guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick.

Hi Rapheal,

Whereabouts are you? used to live in Samoens and latterly in a little place called villars Sur Ollon near Aigle. Very jealous that you live that way - very beautiful!!! Currently looking for work in Lausanne at the moment :D

whats the offroading like? are there a lot of tracks that you can use off road? Can you help with the rules for off road driving in the Alps?

Thanks

James

pugwash said:
Hi Rapheal,

Whereabouts are you? used to live in Samoens and latterly in a little place called villars Sur Ollon near Aigle.
James

:text-offtopic: Up until we went Skiing to Samoens over Christmas I had never heard of the place... now it just pops up everywhere.... Lovely area of the world!

Hello,and wellcome Raphael!

You have beautifull 90 !Do you have more pics? I would like to see more.

Thank you.

Satikk

Thank you all again for the nice welcome. :text-thankyoublue:

pugwash said:
Whereabouts are you?
Hi James, just click on the coordinates in my signature and you will see in google maps a green arrow pointing to the house where i live.

pugwash said:
whats the offroading like?
I rarely drive offroad in Switzerland and not in the real alps so far.
There are some tracks (old military roads), but i don't know anything usefull about them.
In Ederswiler there is a driving area which is run by the AMC Ederswiler, but they have very limited days for 4x4.
I drove with the Swiss Land Cruiser Club 3 years ago to a place called Hinterarni-Alp, which offers some natural and mostly public roads, but nothing you would need the low gear for, except one climbing up to the restaurant (the trail where the green arrow points to in the linked map).

From 19th to 20th March 2011 the Swiss Land Cruiser Club meets at the driving area near Saverne.
I may be there (like last year), but not for sure.

Satikk said:
Do you have more pics?
I have a few more pics of my J9 in facebook. Just contact me there and i will add you as friend so you can see the pics.

greetings

Raphael

Back