Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream diagnosis

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
When I'm in England in June I'd like to get my 120 plugged in for a Techstream diagnosis. Can anyone do this for me or suggest a decent garage? I'd expect to pay either way of course.
Cheers

No problem Karl,just curious as to what's happening inside the motor.
Did you get your PM from me?
Cheers

Btw you’re probably better off either getting techstream going yourself or get anther hand held scanner that can read live data.

If you look at the service manual you can find the acceptable ranges for most parameters, then you can make your own informed decision on the state of your engine.

You can also record the data you’re interested in and recheck it periodically to see if anything has deteriorated etc

Thanks for that Karl,I'm not very computer savvy so I'll book it in somwhere.There's some excellent 'one man band' mechanics in Jersey,one of them is retired now but his specialty was Toyotas.He'll point me in the right direction.
Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can I get Techstream for my 120 on my laptop,it's Windows11 ?

If you get a bootleg copy from eBay or similar, DON'T put it on your day to day laptop that contain online banking etc, as there may be security issues.
Use an old laptop only for that.

Karl
What's the hand held scanner you were talking about?

There will be loads of options - have a look at that thread and others on here.

What year is your truck? Not all scanners work with all years.

Mines a 2006 and that autel one mentioned in the other thread worked for me

2006 is a funny year though because they had a facelift half way through, mine is earlier. You can tell which yours is by the part number on the oil filter as it changed!

Screenshot_20240215_221720_Samsung Internet.jpg
I like the look of this one...

I dont know about that particular unit, but most cheaper generic scanners probably wont be able to access every ECU/subsystem on your truck. Most can read the engine ECU and give engine data, some of them cant access the ABS system for example.

Techstream can access everything, and of course professional level tools (snapon, autel, topdon etc) can also access everything.

My 120's never been to Mr.T since his first service,might treat him to a plug-in at Toyota Jersey this summer.I presume that'll include a printout and analysis,so I could post on here and see what you think.
I'm not good with any electronic device but I appreciate the information and experience of fellow members on this forum.
Cheers

Back