Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Aussie has arrived!

Great looking truck - glad you've successfully got your hands back on her. You can sell the Disco now ;)

dont you mean sweep it under the carpet.
Behave! The Discovery is a very practical and valued member of the family, there are no plans for her to go anywhere. I've been green laning her again recently and she goes places where an 80/100 physically can't (without sustaining damage). The lanes in the south east can be very tight, the poor old girl has more pin strips than paint! So the Discovery will most likely see more use/action than the 105, as the 105 will be kept for what she's built for, touring and camping.

Your not wrong there. I find it very hard going in my area for scratches in the 80 might have to either get my defender going again or build something silly.
Stu

SCott - thanks for the detailed feedback - much appreciated.

As an aside as my RTT is a Hannibal and is approx square rather than oblong as yours, then i have a fall back if i need to take off the RTT - I would either place it on the bonnet and strap down (potential damage) or between the axles on the container floor under the truck (awkward to shuffle it along as the vehicle is put inside - possible to also put in diagonally between rear axle and container end plate). My RTT is 25cm high and if on its side would fit in the 45cm of space end to end in the container......which includes the rear wheel carriers. My lift is not quite so high as yours so I'm hoping to scrape in with the RTT fitted on the rack. More measuring to do

very cool looking LC. Love the pic of it in the MOT car park. "Just trying to fit in..."

Your not wrong there. I find it very hard going in my area for scratches in the 80 might have to either get my defender going again or build something silly.
Stu

Yes when I changed my Defender for my 100 I had to accept that UK green laning would largely be sacrificed (except perhaps part of Wales). Certainly in Devon I cannot take my 100 on lanes so narrow (wall to wall/rock) that my 110 only just scraped through.....there are some really narrow bridges that are a wheel-scraper width in a 110 on 285/75s.

Like you I'm thinking that my next project should be something 'silly' for laning and possibly challenge.....but what would be the base vehicle??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Like you I'm thinking that my next project should be something 'silly' for laning and possibly challenge.....but what would be the base vehicle??

Suzuki SJ (if you can still find them) or Vitara. A bit 'buzzy' and not very pleasant on long journeys, but very good fun off road with very little modification, and will squeeze through the smallest lanes.
I'm sure Ben could offer some useful advice.

Best me to it. SJ is a good unit. So is a BJ40 if you want to sort that from scratch as a project.

Willy's jeep is probably less than ideal for a day out and a good one will fetch a small fortune

Whats wrong with a 70 or 90 LC both are smaller than a Disco , besides your not trying hard enough i reckon Chas has taken his 80 through gaps most wouldn't attempt on a motorbike :lol:

I am either going petrol 80 running gear with a home made body or an halinger.

Yes when I changed my Defender for my 100 I had to accept that UK green laning would largely be sacrificed (except perhaps part of Wales). Certainly in Devon I cannot take my 100 on lanes so narrow (wall to wall/rock) that my 110 only just scraped through.....there are some really narrow bridges that are a wheel-scraper width in a 110 on 285/75s.

Back