Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Cenotaph

'cause it's (one of many) iconic London streets.

As for "any Street" - that's my point. The guy living on that street will complain about his dear mother not sleeping, social media gets behind him, the Sun prints a story about her and BBC apologises.

Next, it'll be a studio show with them revving the engine (not past 3000RPM mind you)

Don't know anything about this, being merely a foreigner who's only intent in life is to try to get into Britain to rob the welfare system and generally misbehave like all immigrants do...

Yet it's interesting that the whole concept of the memorial to the fallen is in respect of those that lost life and limb for the quest of freedom for Britain and for the good of the world in general.

Now it seems to have rattled the cages of one or to on the basic principles of freedom, and that's even spilled into members rights to post "anything" even dare I say not LC related, in the "anything goes" Lounge section.

Not having a go at anyone in particular, but why any post should drift into personal jibes is beyond me. JMHO

Compulsory tolerance is law under EU fascism so behave the lot of you :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I hope that TG becomes more car related, rather than event based.

The cenotaph is on Whitehall, the stunt driving was on Whitehall, I think the connection is a coincidence, the common theme was Whitehall, not the memorial.

We do, as a nation, seem to be becoming outraged by the inconsequential whilst ignoring the essential ie there are many ex-military with mental health issues, or homeless, which is a much bigger story but doesnt carry the glamour of TG.

I was in the forces, and the civvy Police afterwards, I have some acquaintances who are memorialised, and one good mate who isnt remembered on anything anywhere 'cos he was an alcoholic rough sleeper because of things he saw in the Balkans.

The real story is the hypocrisy of Cameron standing at the Cenotaph on remembrance Sunday, whilst reducing funding to help those suffering still.

Top Gear was an entertaining show but the BBC are making a mistake trying to replace it with new actors as it never ever works.With Clarkson and coy you got a certain brand of humour and lunacy and it could often be very good.

Statement from Ken Block yesterday:

"Explanation FOR THE FANS: the British tabloid media decided to try to make Top Gear, host Matt LeBlanc and myself look bad this week by exaggerating a story about us doing some slides and donuts near a war memorial in London. That is unfortunate and I want my fans to know that I have complete and total respect for veterans (my Dad was a veteran) and would never do anything to deliberately disrespe...ct them in any way whatsoever - so I was quite disappointed that some of the media was (and still is!) misinforming the public about what we were doing.

For those of you that don’t know what happened: we did our slides/donuts down the street (closest drift tire mark was 180 feet (60 meters) away) from a war monument (the Cenotaph) in central London. The press ran long-lens photos that compress the distance and makes it look like we are much closer - and then they said that we “disrespected” the memorial. I drove past the memorial several times (it’s in the middle of a two lane road, London traffic goes past it 24 hours a day, every day of the year), but I did not do anything on or around it. We were respectful, and the production crew instructed me to be the appropriate distance away - which I adhered to.

This whole tabloid negativity came as a complete surprise to me as BBC are the ones who invited me over, worked for months applying for all of the proper permits to do the driving/filming, got it all approved by the proper councils of government as well, and directed my actions. We did nothing wrong, yet the British tabloids have made something out of nothing.

Unfortunately, sensationalized headlines garner attention in this day and age. I was in London to work with Top Gear to make awesome automotive television programming and promote the country and city - and we continued to do that and make an awesome piece, despite the paparazzi and false reporting.

Anyway… the entire shoot went amazing, Matt LeBlanc and I had a great time making an amazing/funny piece and it will be broadcast in a few months. And, it will not feature the war memorial because it never was intended to be featured in the first place!"

Personally Im inclined to belive him due to the state of the British media who will do anything for a story and any dirt they can get on Top Gear is like gold at the moment. Don't get me wrong Im firmly on the fence when it comes to new and old Top Gear and Im hoping the update involves more about cars and less cocking about.

The show is dead as far as i'm concerned the format revolved around the banter of 3 genuine mates and to throw ,,, how many ,,, 7 or 10 presenters into the same format in the hope somebody might like one of them is just farcical .

Funnily enough while typing this Tizwas came to mind :think: the right pair of motorheads trying to educate an irreverent Chris Tarrant might work as an alternative format .

Ken Blocks a decent chap can't see him being anything but honest about the events,

As for the new TG, well I'm not expecting much. Luckily I have Amazon Prime :D

It's all bollocks really, promoting Nationalism, promoting political correctness, diverting public attention from the real woes of the world and who really causes them.

I celebrate my fellow cycnics :clap:

proper burst out laughing at Franks post, brilliant comedy timing :laughing-rolling:

Could have been a ploy to divert attention away from the budget.

Newspapers.png

Back