Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The end of pistons.

frank rabbets

Guru
It won't be in my lifetime but the end of the pistons may only be a couple of decades away. Massive changes are coming and I wonder if the Arabs will be able to sell all that sand they have instead of the oil. Classic cars have risen dramatically in value since the 80's. Every investment market, apart from art, has a peak. Perhaps now is the time to sell before the decline in values? Will there be a decline? If you can't buy relatively cheap petrol you won't be able to run these cars. I can see works of art no depreciating but you can look at them, or will people just look at their million pound Ferraris and be quite happy?

It won't be in my lifetime but the end of the pistons may only be a couple of decades away. Massive changes are coming and I wonder if the Arabs will be able to sell all that sand they have instead of the oil. Classic cars have risen dramatically in value since the 80's. Every investment market, apart from art, has a peak. Perhaps now is the time to sell before the decline in values? Will there be a decline? If you can't buy relatively cheap petrol you won't be able to run these cars. I can see works of art no depreciating but you can look at them, or will people just look at their million pound Ferraris and be quite happy?
:text-goodpost:

It's sad:icon-sad:

Most engines can be modified to burn LPG so why not Hydrogen?
Research has shown that mixing Hydrogen with natural gas up to a certain percentage will drastically reduce carbon emissions from domestic appliances without the need to modify them. Burning higher concentrations or even 100% Hydrogen obviously does need mods but will achieve a 0% carbon footprint. The main “problem” with Hydrogen is the way it’s currently produced in bulk from natural gas. Maybe a market will evolve converting classic cars to electric, the only thing missing will be the sound track from your quad cam, multi carb Ferrari V12.

You won’t be allowed to burn anything that emits the demon poison CO2...
SMH
Don’t get me started :lol::lol::lol:

I’ll sign off now...

They will just turn all their Classic Cars into Electric ones.. That will be the next new thing Frank.. Ind Est's full of Cottage style industry Electric motor Converters... Its already happening there are quite a few Buying up Electric Motors from Written off Cars.... A guy who recently bought a trailer from me, Is doing just that and sticking them in 90 Defenders.... No need to despair If you cant Run your 350 GTO. . Stick a Prius Motor in it:lol:

Never mind bloody classic cars, what about our Land Cruisers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So the target for IC engined cars has been brought forward to 2035 but to hit the planned emission targets they're going to have to get heavy on the incentives IMO, wether its offering grants/subsidies to buy electric or financial penalties for running older polluting vehicles. Maybe increases in road tax, fuel price increases, possibly even some sort of extra charge for an MOT? Without some form of penalty people are just going to hang on to their old vehicles. JMO

Electric motors. That would be like taking the bacon out of an English breakfast. Part of the joy with these cars is to talk about all the features of your engines, difficulty in starting, missfiring, ignition timing etc etc. Also the clutch and gearbox would go. I don't have one BTW, just an 80 and vw golf.

So the target for IC engined cars has been brought forward to 2035 but to hit the planned emission targets they're going to have to get heavy on the incentives IMO, wether its offering grants/subsidies to buy electric or financial penalties for running older polluting vehicles. Maybe increases in road tax, fuel price increases, possibly even some sort of extra charge for an MOT? Without some form of penalty people are just going to hang on to their old vehicles. JMO
:text-goodpost:
This is exactly what will happen. And we, the lambs, will suffer as usual.

Electric is not the future.
I am pretty certain that Toyota are not even focusing on electric and moving to Hydrogen cells. Its a fad as soon as the battery phase is over and they have milked all that for the money we will then finally get to something that works, not that i want one but they are looking at 400 mile radius and it takes 5 minutes to fill. Can you imagine pulling on a services and there is 300+ people waiting to charge there cars for "free". The HGV sector is best i have customers asking when we will be delivering in electric wagons to cut emissions and they don't even exist yet, 2040 Scania hope to be carbon neutral. Also we are not at war across the middle east for no reason Oil is not going anywhere.

Back