Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Fabled Land Cruiser's Graveyard

desertpaddler

Hi

I Live in the UAE and we have a lot of old FJ45's still being used in the rural areas.
I took some pics of the old fishing trucks, including some about to be buried at sea, and did a write up on my blog which you can read here

This is what some of those old trucks look like.

LandCruiser-4.jpg

Regards
Craig

Very nice piece there, befitting of the ongoing legend of the Landcruiser.....

Very nice blog.
You can both write and photo'. (not that I'm the one to judge...)

Keep it coming.

:thumbup:

A great insight and brilliant pic's :thumbup: Thanks for sharing.

Heck, thanks so much for the nice comments from all of you. It's really appreciated.

I'm planning on adding some more 'cruiser content to my blog (No 367843284134 on my To Do list) and I'll let you know when I do.

I've just finished scanning a whole bunch of slides from an trip I did from Port Elizabeth, South Africa to Kenya and back in '95 in my old '82 HJ pickup (bakkie as us Saffers call them.)

Cheer for now

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pics of your 80s please.
It's the best looking cruiser ever, particularly without steps, flares and mouldings.
(OK, together with the early models, 4x etc)

Looking forward to your scans. Which scanner do you use for the job? Something automated?

uHu said:
Looking forward to your scans. Which scanner do you use for the job? Something automated?

I have an Epson V500. I bought it mainly because it can scan medium format film and I have a Pentax 6x7 that I use every now and then.

I'll post pics of the 80s as soon as I have a few minutes spare, my HZJ80 is about as basic as they came.

Hi uHu

I've been lurking and then off-forum for a long time and only just rejoined.

You asked for pics of my 80 in this old thread, if you revisit the blog entry I posted above you'll see some photos on the newest entry.
As I've been inactive I can't post the link direct.

Welcome back and nice one DP. A good website to browse too !

you kind of assume trucks from a place like the UAE will be rust free, but that assumes they don't get driven into the sea too often of course!!

you kind of assume trucks from a place like the UAE will be rust free, but that assumes they don't get driven into the sea too often of course!!

Not only, the air is very humid (well my brief encounter with Qatar and some time in Oman) in the region and high humidity with higher temperatures are conducive to corrosion.

Great blog Craig, thanks for posting.

80s rule! :lol:

Last edited:
What amazes me is just how long the old 45s here have lasted seeing as they live on the beach (I mean they're parked there 24x7x365.)
My old 45 that I had years ago fell apart in 5 years from sea air.

Back