Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the j100 version and OBD2 do not exist?"

gate

Country Flag
poland
IMG-20230810-WA0009.jpg
Hello everyone,
"We have a not-so-small problem! Well, maybe it's small, depending on who you ask :) We bought a Land Cruiser from 2000, 4.2 v6, 24v diesel, originating from Bulgaria, some time ago. We were hoping that, using the knowledge available on the Internet, we would be able to revive it, but unfortunately, it's not that simple, and we would like to ask you, as a community, for help. The Toyota starts and was driving, but the suspension warning light was on, and there was no possibility to control the suspension, so we replaced all the shock absorbers with new original ones in place of the old damaged ones. Then we tried to fill the entire system with fluid; the pump briefly works and pumps hydraulic fluid, most likely to 1 distributor, but the fluid does not reach the shock absorbers. We concluded that to fill the system, we need to invoke some functions on the computer, but here a problem arose! Specifically, we can't find the OBD2 diagnostic connector anywhere, which should be located near the internal fuse box or in the lower area of the steering column, but unfortunately, it's not there! Another idea was to read the errors from the "diagnostic" connector located on the left side of the engine compartment, but as shown in the attached photos, the connector does not have a plate in the Te1 pin, and checking the errors according to many guides is not possible. After consulting with a more experienced person, we made a short circuit between pins E1 and TC, and indeed the engine light blinked, the first time it was 1 blink, the second time 3, and the third time 9. Unfortunately, no guide or collection of codes contains information about such an error... We have taken the car apart quite a bit in order to find the OBD2 connector, but unfortunately without success. What else can we do according to you? How to read the errors or maybe connect the OBD2 ourselves? Or maybe this car is a composite, and the body is from a different year than the rest? How do you see it, and what would you advise, as we are already at our wits' end?"

IMG-20230810-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20230810-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230810-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20230810-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230810-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20230810-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230810-WA0004.jpg

Since this car has AHC, it must have OBD. It's not OBD2 tho' but the plug is the same as for obd2. Plug is normally found just under, a bit to the right of, the steering column, i.e. a bit to the right of your two last pics.

Looking at the state of things, there might be a few problems with the AHC. The least common is problems with the shocks (or rather, what looks like shocks). More likely is wiring, and there might be gelling in the pump. The most frequently changed parts are height sensors and globes.

With a FSM in hand, you can start measuring signals and connections on the system, and find out the state of things. I would first check height sensors, then connection from the ECU to the valve body. Then open the pump for check and cleaning out.

Just an observation, I think you will struggle to fill the "shocks" via the pump, ideally you should pre-fill these manually before hooking up. What you are doing will just airlock the system.

The odb2 port sits above one of the pedals, it's really hard to see, but put your head in the footwell and look up, it ponts down and forwards towards the front of the car.

My wife found mine as I couldn't get under the dash board enough to see it!

The odb2 port sits above one of the pedals, it's really hard to see, but put your head in the footwell and look up, it ponts down and forwards towards the front of the car.

My wife found mine as I couldn't get under the dash board enough to see it!
some have a port - but it does nothing. My 2004 has a post but nothing responds. Had to respond to reading the blinking lights.

There might be some early OZ and GC versions without OBD. Otherwise, the FSM has a fault finding procedure for the OBD, in case it doesn't work with TechStream.
Blink-codes are also a good method tho'.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back