Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the (not so bad) customer service from Hel(l)

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
The short version is:

DON'T BUY YOUR BRAKE HOSES FROM HEL PERFORMANCE

The slightly longer version:

They are not the company they used to be. I wanted some brake hoses made up for the 105. Since they are different to an 80 I arranged to send the original hoses to HEL for them to use as a template to make up some new ones. That was 8 weeks ago. Originally they said they would need to machine some new parts so it would take 1-2 weeks to deliver, which is fair enough, but after 2 week nothing had shown up and this is where things started going downhill.

First they said they were waiting for some "metal" to come in, then I was told there were more important jobs on the production line (both are probably fair enough on their own and in context), but the problem is that the story kept changing and I never felt like I was getting a proper answer.

But most annoyingly is that for the last 4 or 5 weeks I keep getting promised a delivery date, and the date comes and goes without any communication from them to inform me of the delay, or apologies, or explaining and arrange a new delivery date. I have to call them every time, and every time they say " oh hiya, I don't really know let me ask" *long pause while he talks to someone* "yeah we don't really know"

I could go on but I wont.......

They used to be the go to company for this sort of thing but they're resting on their reputation, and with this shitty service will be losing market share to their competitors.

So, basically go to someone else.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that nick.

There's not much more infuriating..

The short version is:

DON'T BUY YOUR BRAKE HOSES FROM HEL PERFORMANCE

The slightly longer version:

They are not the company they used to be. I wanted some brake hoses made up for the 105. Since they are different to an 80 I arranged to send the original hoses to HEL for them to use as a template to make up some new ones. That was 8 weeks ago. Originally they said they would need to machine some new parts so it would take 1-2 weeks to deliver, which is fair enough, but after 2 week nothing had shown up and this is where things started going downhill.

First they said they were waiting for some "metal" to come in, then I was told there were more important jobs on the production line (both are probably fair enough on their own and in context), but the problem is that the story kept changing and I never felt like I was getting a proper answer.

But most annoyingly is that for the last 4 or 5 weeks I keep getting promised a delivery date, and the date comes and goes without any communication from them to inform me of the delay, or apologies, or explaining and arrange a new delivery date. I have to call them every time, and every time they say " oh hiya, I don't really know let me ask" *long pause while he talks to someone* "yeah we don't really know"

I could go on but I wont.......

They used to be the go to company for this sort of thing but they're resting on their reputation, and with this shitty service will be losing market share to their competitors.

So, basically go to someone else.
Unfortunately for us 'the consumer', 'Shitty Customer Service' is an epidemic now days. :thumbdown:

:text-merryxmas:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We have a local place if you have a pattern they will make braided lines while you wait

Also the fitting's on the end... they rust really bad and they're pretty impossible to remove. Saw that and vowed to never think of buying them.

Also the ironman ones are sxxte! Bought 2 and one of them was leaking!

ok a quick update, I don't know if they are on the forum and read the post, or if my whinging to them on Tuesday about how they never get back to me hit the mark, buy they actually called me (first time ever) to let me know that they are not planning to manufacture the parts until early Jan.

This isn't great news but at least i know the situation, and I got an explanation as to why the manufacture is delayed (I won't bore you with it). They also recognised that the situation is not acceptable, and have offered to provide the new hoses free of charge.

Obviously these are only words and until I get the new hoses and a refund I won't be singing their praises, but in the interest of fairness I felt it appropriate to update the thread.

So the saga continues. Apparently the problem is that one of the fittings - the female for the 2 'center hoses' (chassis to axle) is quite a unique fitting due to the 17mm nut and 22mm flange and HEL don't have any in stock, and they are using their machines to make other, more profitable components (understandably).

We have a local place if you have a pattern they will make braided lines while you wait

@David What is your local place called? I'll give them a try. Other than that, i'm out of ideas, and will probably just replace all the hoses with OE lines so that at least I have nice fresh hoses on.

So the saga continues. Apparently the problem is that one of the fittings - the female for the 2 'center hoses' (chassis to axle) is quite a unique fitting due to the 17mm nut and 22mm flange and HEL don't have any in stock, and they are using their machines to make other, more profitable components (understandably).

@David What is your local place called? I'll give them a try. Other than that, i'm out of ideas, and will probably just replace all the hoses with OE lines so that at least I have nice fresh hoses on.
Here is the website I did not have mine made as not got round to it yet, but I did go to see them

http://www.bondingandreline.co.uk/

Many years ago, aka cant find seller/email details I bought a full set of stainless steel braided brake hoses from Wezmoto on Eblag, from query to parts in my hand it took about four days, they needed nothing from me other some details about the vehicle, ie, lifted or not, abs or not (can not remember why they needed that) but I have had no issues.

Link below to some found on Eblag

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Cru...162885&hash=item3fc0f7b33c:g:xMAAAOxyVLNSwuEt

So in the end Hel sent me what they had managed to do (free of charge) which was the front 2 hoses - axle to calliper. However, while I had asked them to replace the hoses like for like by sending them the original hoses, what they did was to use their stock fittings, which as you can see from the photo are different to the OE hoses. Their fittings don't fit into the brackets on the axle, making them useless.

IMG_5073.JPG

I feel like I have spent far too much of my life worrying about these hoses. I therefore bite the bullet and ordered some specific 105 series centre braided and extended hoses from Road Runner Offroad in Australia, and a set of 80 series calliper braided hoses from Rough Trax.

Why do you need 2 sets Nick?

The extended centre hoses run from the chassis to the axle and allow for the greater travel due to the lifted suspension, plus they make it easier to change the springs and shocks. The Calliper hoses from RoughTrax run from the front axle to the calliper.

Back