Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The only way is up!!!!!!!!

Yes, but one of Darrell's previous posts states he has a 95, and that's what I was answering.

Mine is a 95. So will be leaving rear arb in place. Got the terrano links, but the bolt through the lower arm is much smaller than the 90 one? Is this correct
or do I need to get another make?

No, that's correct. If you want, just make up a small spacer tube to take up the difference.

Just got off the phone from Pedders having ordered a lift kit for Sluug, should be here in a couple of weeks with any luck.

How much was the Pedders lift kit?

I look fwd to hearing all about it ;)
Steve

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was abouy £440 for the kit after the extra 10% discount you get for being a member on here.
I also ordered new top strut bearings for the front, couldn't bare the thought of the front graunching after fittting new springs and shox. The bearings aren't noisy at the moment but thought they might start to make some noide after being disturbed after nearlly 12 years.
I'll let you know what its like to drive once they are on.
I did put a post on here a little while back asking if anyone had pedders fitted to their 90 but no one replied saying they had.

I had Iron Man springs and shocks fitted by West Coast 4x4 ( Southport) a few years ago.

Not had any problems.

Tows a heavy twin axle caravan thousands upon thousands of effortless and worry free miles.

Gra.

That's a really good price is that, make sure you get a good set of before and after measurements from the underside of each wheel arch to the top of each wheel rim. It would be very interesting to compare them with all of the measurements of different set ups that I've collated of late :icon-smile:

Hi Steven,
I've got 300mm on the front.
Can't measure the rear at the mo, got a full tank of fuel and a load of crap in the boot.

I'm hoping for a little extra lift over what they suggest as the kit is for a 95 so my 90 should be lighter plus mine has the d-4-d lump under the bonnet which I think is lighter than the older engine.

Just picked up a copy of novembers total off road, they're fitting a pedders lift kit to their 95 project car this month.

I'm hoping not to have the same issues with rusty nuts and bolts that they had when mine arrives shortly.

pedders 002.jpg
Look what I picked up today

cool! When is that going on? Need lots of pics please
Steve

Thats in the hands of the gods sadly.
It'll be the next dry weekend so who knows, don't really fancy doing it in the rain.

Roger at Pedders said it will need a full geometry check and adjustment once they are on.

Thats in the hands of the gods sadly.
It'll be the next dry weekend so who knows, don't really fancy doing it in the rain.

Roger at Pedders said it will need a full geometry check and adjustment once they are on.

MMm, hadnt thought of a full Geometry check etc - thats sort of stuffed my plans actually - in my 12 years here I have yet to find any garage who knows what they are doing with regards to Geometry. The last time i changed the suspension on anything it was the other way, Down! on the MX-5, but being such a nerdy popular car, I managed to find a perfect geo set up from the USA, and the local Volvo garage in Kettering set it up 100% spot on (boy could that thing go round corners!). My ford Ranger that I had here, I sold after 4 years without ever finding anyone who could stop the BFG's wearing out after 30k km. Ho hum. So, if you know of anyone in the Dordogne who knows what they are doing, it looks like another trip to the UK when my €'s allow!
I also contacted the local garage today who is too busy to change 1 wheel stud............oh well, down to me then!
Steve

Last edited:
I like The pedders kit on The 80, rides nice and is even better when I've got everything loaded in.
If you were a bit closer could've used my workshop so weather not an issue. Hope it all goes well fitting it.

Thanks for the offer Gary, if the weather carries on as it has recently I might be fitting floats and an outboard :icon-biggrin:

Have you tried any bodyshops Steve ?? They normally have all the kit and knowhow for setting up suspension

I think the problem is I live in the sticks, local body shops, tyre shops, well, they can do balancing and tracking but any more is unheard of,
I think I have been spoilt in the past!
Steve

Apparently the rear will be ok but once the front is lifted it will give me positive camber.

I've lowered a few Renault 5 turbos in the past and never gave any thought to the camber and castor as there was no adjustment.
Don't fancy chewing through my tyres plus one of the reasons for replacing the springs and shox is to make it handle better so might aswell get it set up properly.

Hoping for good weather tomorrow, planning on fitting my pedders kit.
Fingers crossed

Back