Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking about a 60.

You may want to contact these guys in Holland as a couple of years ago they had one or two for sale. I think they have also been to Lincomb in the past so others may have a contact name.

I'm giving serious consideration to buying a 60. Got 3 80s and a nice mk4 hilux now it always had a soft spot for the 60. Not ready to buy just yet but just putting feelers out as to whats out there and how much. Ideally a rolling resto job not a basket case.

Heyup Gav, maybe you should have had a look at this one:-

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/60-for-sale.149297/

Sold for the asking price easy.

On the subject of Auto 60's I've run 5 autos over the years inc my 61 which is an auto. They aren't really much fun on the road in standard form, They are lower geared ( either 4.1 or 4.5:1 ratio diffs) still very sedate and very thirsty ( sub 20 mpg) . With a turbo conversion ( the one I had was a Turbo technics unit) the auto went very well, was more economical and much more suited to modern day motoring.
TBH Gav you could have done with putting this post up a couple of years ago before there was the level of interest ( and investment) there is now.

Good post that Andy.. Did you ever get hold of the Newark chap Gav?.

Good post that Andy.. Did you ever get hold of the Newark chap Gav?.
No I didn't phone him higgy. Can't say why but that one just dont float my boat. I really really want a later one with square lights. Im currently unable to buy due to storage and parking issues and i have just started a new house build. Once finished both room and funds will be much more flexible. I know I'm maybe being a bit picky but I want one im going to like. Now if that one of Andy's was available at the right time I'd rip his hand off. Thats exactly what I got in mind.

No I didn't phone him higgy. Can't say why but that one just dont float my boat. I really really want a later one with square lights. Im currently unable to buy due to storage and parking issues and i have just started a new house build. Once finished both room and funds will be much more flexible. I know I'm maybe being a bit picky but I want one im going to like. Now if that one of Andy's was available at the right time I'd rip his hand off. Thats exactly what I got in mind.
No worries, Im in the same boat. It has to be right. good luck anyways.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back