Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

thoughts on 80 series colour change..

I shall give this some serious thought, it will be cheaper there than here I should think. I do have an hospital appointment a few days after our scheduled return but no doubt that could be postponed. If you could have a word with him and give him a warts and all description of my 80, I can send pictures if necessary and get an estimate on how much time he would need, we can work out how long I would need to stay.

OK Chas, I'll let you know what he suggests, with a PM.

Sorry for the thread-jack CG.

A great opportunity to spray & restore a already great truck & colour change is a favoble notion. I know I spent many a time going through the options to keep it black ( being differcult in a hot country....lol) to go standard Toyota colours or something really new.

I guess in the end went with my heart & turned out to be the right choice for me. Hopefully your happy with your decision .....all the best :text-goodpost:

Needs a bit more than just the paint tarting up shayne, faded or tatty paint doesnt over bother me, but rust does.

no bother at all clive.

thanks dervis, i followed your thread, i bet your really happy with the results.

Mine was 200 hours in the bodyshop, thats not including the strip down, removing of glass etc, just getting the body ready for painting and the actual painting itself.

IMG_4530.JPG
H
Mine was 200 hours in the bodyshop, thats not including the strip down, removing of glass etc, just getting the body ready for painting and the actual painting itself.
Had 2 do mine in stages due to cost. The whole car had a quick blow over at some stage (except the roof) in a different grey. When i had the rear end body resto last year decided to go back to original toyota 153. Only the front to do now...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
View attachment 126388 H

Had 2 do mine in stages due to cost. The whole car had a quick blow over at some stage (except the roof) in a different grey. When i had the rear end body resto last year decided to go back to original toyota 153. Only the front to do now...
Same boat as me, really had to twist the blokes arm to agree to doing it in two stages.

I need to find a rust free drivers door and fit new inner and outer sills before the rest gets painted. Realistically it will be next year now the gearbox rebuilds have taken a chunk out of the bank account

Very nice looking 60 there Ben!
Kind of makes me wish I kept mine!
Its getting there lockie. When the front gets painted, the windscreen will be removed and all the doors so the shuts can be done. Hope to fit a new headlining too. That will smarten up the interior a lot. Its never ending !!

Back