Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toro Mower Problem.

frank rabbets

Guru
My Toro 8-25 mower will not run. It started cutting out for a few seconds when mowing so I decided it might be the seat switch so I shorted this. In doing so I blew a fuse which I've now replaced. The motor now cranks but will not fire. Really annoying as my spare Toro has a puncture. There is a safety relay the function and purpose I don't understand. All safety switches OK. Any comments I'll follow up on.

Thanks.

I don't know the Toro Mower, but my Craftsman LT2000 has various interlock sensors.

The handbrake has to be on before it will start.

There are two key positions for running - one prevents it cutting in reverse, the other allows it.

Seat switch cuts the motor if I get off with it in 'drive'.

I would start by checking that all levers are in the required position in case yours is similar to mine.

Probably telling Granny to suck eggs but all these things might be worth a 'wiggle'.

Bob.

Bonnet limit switch? The it down with a cable tie. Seat l/s collection box if you have one l/s? I have either shorted or tied down most l/s on both my Iseki SXG 23 and the John Deere 1445. I'm the o my one whobusrs them though!

Back