Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tow socket wires

Andykdj95

Country Flag
great_britain
Dose any one know what wires go were for my tow socket, the actual ones from the truck 2001 Colorado. They have been cable tied up since I removed the rusted old socket a few months ago.Have lost the old one with wires coming out That I was keeping for reference !, there are seven wires in one bundle and two wires in another sleeve. Any ideas please.

Last edited:
Hi Andy my advice is to ignore all you read and just play with it . On mine the 1 heavy wire was the key pop that in the centre hole turn the ignition on and then turn on whatever (i started with an direction indicator) choose another wire and touch it against each of your 7 connections until the indicator lights up and you know where it goes . Then do the same with the next wire , its a mind numbingly boring and time consuming task but not difficult .

I didn't have a multimeter at the time nor anyone to sit in the truck turning things on an off so i suppose it could have been a half hour job if i did .

EDIT :- thats not right

Try each wire on the 6 outer connections until the indicator lights up .

Last edited:
Hi Andy my advice is to ignore all you read and just play with it . On mine the 1 heavy wire was the key pop that in the centre hole turn the ignition on and then turn on whatever (i started with an direction indicator) choose another wire and touch it against each of your 7 connections until the indicator lights up and you know where it goes . Then do the same with the next wire , its a mind numbingly boring and time consuming task but not difficult .

I didn't have a multimeter at the time nor anyone to sit in the truck turning things on an off so i suppose it could have been a half hour job if i did .

EDIT :- thats not right

Try each wire on the 6 outer connections until the indicator lights up .
cool mate thought this would be the case lol no magic fix ha ha

Back