Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota at last!!

JakeM

Country Flag
uk
Hello all
I just went to sign up and found I was already a member, joined in 2012 !
Well it's now 2016 and I finally have a Landcruiser. A Colorado 2001 d4d 95 series. Only 122k. Engine is sweet, and everything seems to be going well... apart from some serious chassis and sill rot, but hopefully this can be dealt with.

I've been a 4x4 owner/user for 6 years now. Started with a Disco 300tdi (rust got the better of it). The past 2 1/2 years have been in a Shogun Sport (very reliable, but slow and uncomfortable for 6'1").

So the Mitsubishi was sold to fund this Toyota.
I've always wanted one and it will be a keeper if I can overcome the rust problems..

So, hello all from a long time Landcruiser fan.

J

Awesome, well it pays to wait, eh? Obviously we won't believe a word until you post some pics.
Shame about the rust. Hopefully you'll get that cracked.

Welcome back Oak, glad you got the Cruiser of your dreams, and hope the rust doesn't turn it into a nightmare... :thumbup:

Looking forward to the pics :banana-gotpics:

Welcome J the d4d collie is pretty indestructible for the most part and i guess you wouldn't have bought it if you weren't set to sort out the rust .

Do lamedrovers have a "best" for rust to get ?

Yes the Discovery was a bit of a joke.. cheap n cheerful you could say (?).

I've been searching google high and low to try and find other people's Colorado rust problems. There doesn't seem to be much info about though.
The rear of the sills is the most worrying. It would be nice to find some photos of other people's problems and fixes.
The thing is, it's such a nice truck I won't mind spending money on it.
Happy days I guess.

3 months ago ish Bob Murphy done some major work on the cills of his 95 and i think all the pics went on the "who is doing what maintenance today" thread so it might take some time to find the right page .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one thank you. I'll have a look for that sometime.

IMG_2519.JPG
. This is removing the sump drain, skid plate thing today (not the sump guard, the lighter weight one to the rear of the sump guard)

Back