Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota FJ40 Land cruiser 1977. 327 chevy V8 engine and LPG.

Just pondering... & recalling how quick my swb Nissan :shhh: Patrol (before I got better, sold it & moved to the 95) was to spin pulling on to the A605 in the p***ing rain. This 40 will have so much power & torque on a very short wheelbase it'll be insane:icon-twisted:! Will the gearbox & drivetrain be able to handle it? Still fancy it if I had the spare funds...:violin:

Last edited:
Would be a right beast... and loads of fun. Hmmm, interested, but not really at that price, but then these are so hard to value

Some thing transmission side will break, that's for sure.

I really wouldn't like to try take that any faster than say 60 mph.

Gra.

And now for the voice of insanity!! America has loads of 40s with small block V8s and reading i8mud.com virtually none of them have transmission problems... cooling problems - yes, transmission probs - no. Mr T's transmissions can take it.
I've seen this truck while it was at Duck's Cross and it has been built to a v high standard, although I'd colour tone the front wings but DC is one of the best 40 builder/restorers around.
And finally, the days of getting a restored 40 (standard or modified) for a few grand have long gone. This is a lot of truck for (currently) under £10k.
Our old girl was up to 130 kms the other day and was perfectly happy with more available but, admittedly, it wasn't wet!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back