Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Landcruiser VX 80 Series - Rally Prepared

Vaughanm20

Garage
Hi there,

I am planning a trip for Janruary next year where I drive from Ireland all the ways to New Zealand. I am a proud 2008 Landcruiser owner already so I know how good they are. I have it from new but as it is swb commercial it is not practical for the trip. I have been researching the right vehicle for this adventure and every corner I take brings me back to the 80 series Landcruiser....

Now my problem is to find the right one that is in good condition that I can kit out for the journey. i have no problem paying that extra bit for a good LC but all costs have to be considered for the whole package.

I just spotted this one on ebay that is already kitted out. Does anybody know much about this vehicle???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Landcr ... 554wt_1271

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks for reading

Mike

2008 LC Swb 3.0 D4D

The first thing I would ask, which seems to me is that it's only done 99,000 miles.

For a 1993 model, I find this highly suspicious.

Some thing about 4500 miles per year?

Gra.

First thing I noticed was no roll cage?? As to enter the the rally it would have to had one fitted.

I can't remember who, when, or where, but someone has posted that the underside isn't in great condition so needs checking out.

He's been trying to sell that for ages, been listed several times.

I assume you have already tried sourcing one in Ireland inc. north of the border. If not keep an eye on NI carfinder where you will sometimes get the one or two, same with the autotrader app. You can just search on it for up here.

Happy hunting
Phil.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for all the advise, I emailed him for his contact details to get more info on it. this forum is great for information. Well spotted on the roll cage Paul. I really appreciate everyones help.

If anybody knows any good LC 80 for sale just send me a link.
I am constantly checking the autotrader and ebay but must check Northern Ireland sites too.
Thanks

If you see any advertised up this way let me know as if its nearby I could possibly take a look for you with the assistance of what to look for exactly from other members of the forum.

Phil

phil the brewer said:
If you see any advertised up this way let me know as if its nearby I could possibly take a look for you with the assistance of what to look for exactly from other members of the forum.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I would really appreciate that.
I spent the last few hours looking up the North and didn't find anything that jumped out at me..
But if I see anything I will let you know.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

I think I would be inclined to let that one go to another owner.

Unless the current owner reduces it by a fair chunk.
There does seem to be more and more 80 series coming up for sale now, than what there was say 6 -12 months ago.

Gra.

Hi Mike. I'm the guy Andrew mentioned - you can read my earlier post on this under the topic thread 'Paris Dakar Vehicle' from a couple of weeks ago (August 8). I also posted a photo of the underside there. I think it was only a support vehicle, so no roll cage. John

Back