Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Red antifreeze

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
These last few days have got me thinking, does anyone know what temp the pre mixed Toyota Red antifreeze protects down to?

It doesn't say so on the container :?

Hi paul.
i had my freezing problem, i think it was pugwash who wrote this:

WhenWhat you really need to do is drop the fluid fmro the engine and replace with proper toyota red stuff- which iirc protects down to about -34 in it pre-mixed form- we're never going to get that cold in the UK, so pre-mixed should do you fine. You can buy concentrated but ideally you really should use de-ionised condensed water to mix.

Thanks karl

karl wester said:
Hi paul.
i had my freezing problem, i think it was pugwash who wrote this:

WhenWhat you really need to do is drop the fluid fmro the engine and replace with proper toyota red stuff- which iirc protects down to about -34 in it pre-mixed form- we're never going to get that cold in the UK, so pre-mixed should do you fine. You can buy concentrated but ideally you really should use de-ionised condensed water to mix.

Thanks karl

can i edit that to actually make sense please?

What you really need to do is drop the fluid from the engine and replace with proper toyota red stuff- which iirc protects down to -34C in its pre-mixed form. we're never going to get that cold in the UK (there's only a couple of places in the Alps that get that cold- and if you are somewhere that cold then you need to be worrying about oil grades too), so pre-mixed should do you fine. You can buy concentrated but ideally you really should use de-ionised condensed water to mix it with to prevent furring of the rad tubes.

the -34 was referenced from a Toyota owners club in Alaska iirc, but i can't find the linky now.

ta! :D

Back