Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Techstream Software

IRLGW

Does anyone on the forum have experience with the techstream software for Toyota/lexus? I recently got a laptop with the software on it among others but there were no leads. I bought a generic USB to OBD II lead but it doesn't seem to communicate with the software. It will connect with other programs like Proscan so the issue isn't actually in the lead itself ( I don't think). Upon further research I think (but could be wrong-I was once before) that there is special interface module that has to go between the laptop and the Car?

However, these seem to cost about £300+ so of course I'm looking for a cheaper option ;-)

I also read about a Chinese piece of kit called allscanner that will deal with Toyota and Honda at ECU level and only cost about £60 plus any customs interference. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allscann...164376?hash=item28190fe6d8:g:1JAAAOSwhQhYxFtU

There is also this product http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-VCI-...331418?hash=item210ba5bada:g:0GMAAOSwyjBW5o32

I'm actually trying to trace a problem with a 2.0D4d engine that I'm thinking could be electrical so really want to see pulse waves which is why I need a higher level of diagnostics rather than fiddle about with an oscilloscope. Maybe somebody has experience playing with techstream and knows the best way to operate/connect it

Good Job- What do you connect it to? just straight from usb to obdII? does this give you full access to the ecu and can you make any changes to the running profile such as injector timing?

Good Job- What do you connect it to? just straight from usb to obdII? does this give you full access to the ecu and can you make any changes to the running profile such as injector timing?

I have the same lead and software as above and it does just connect from the OBDII port in the car to the laptop. Not sure about changing injector timing. I used mine to recode the ECU with new injector codes having replaced them, but there was a specific menu item to do that.

Not used it much
I was hoping to disable some warning chimes, like key left in ignition and seatbelt not on, but it can't do that

One fewture I might use today is the brake bleeding assist, it uses abs pump

As Rob said - Direct connection between netbook USB and obd port under steering wheel

I was thinking it could be used to do a remap if I got the other bit sorted provided I could get the files from somewhere or copy the settings from another car that had already been remapped. I see some units advertised as 'Dealer level' so wonder what the difference of these is if any and of course making sure not to pay too much lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok So upon further research I believe that the Mini VCI one like Andy's
s-l1600.jpg

, is loaded with a lower level of software -Techstream LITE, but it does support K-line comms. The Allscanner
s-l1600.jpg

has full programmability for keys etc ( correct me if yours can do this Andy).

So my connection problem is not related to either as my ECM327 cable should still let me connect to Techstream unless the porting is wrong. Whatever that means. Anyway I think I'm about to buy the allscanner unless somebody has a superior idea

I think mine can repogamme keys, but not needed it so haven't looked
I used it yesterday to bleed brakes

Will be interested on feedback on the one you get and what it can do

Yes no Prob when it arrives in two weeks. Will be very embarrassing if it does less than yours! Maybe it just does a higher level of sensors on fully loaded lexus or something. Maybe I can program the cd payer to make a cup o t

I think mine can repogamme keys, but not needed it so haven't looked
I used it yesterday to bleed brakes

Will be interested on feedback on the one you get and what it can do
Thats clever. Does It work well?

Yes, it was pretty good, still need two people though, it steps you through process and someone needs to press on brake pedal and hold it down

Back