Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfer case 4x4 actuator

shiyazer

Country Flag
india
Hello,

My truck having an actuator to engage 4x4 (Similar to the CDLs, mine doesnt have CDL). but i believe the wiring is different from CDL in this case, and would like to seek help from experts here. I have replaced with a used actuator (bench tested), and installed a new transmission relay, but still not working after plugged in to the harness. so something wrong with the wiring? anyone has the wiring diagram for this? pls shed some lights.. IMG-20150426-WA0004-1.jpg

Have you checked the fuse? (Sorry, have to start with the daft things first).

That's the one. If that's ok then you need to put a test meter in the plug to the actuator and see what you get. I've not had this problem but as you say, a wiring diagram would be useful. You could try pulling the switch out the dash and identifying which wires do what and seeing if the switch actually operates? Look for damage to wiring loom underneath that sort of thing.

There is a large connector by the starter motor which feeds the whole of the gearbox wiring. Also check the connectors on top of the gearbox.

There is a large connector by the starter motor which feeds the whole of the gearbox wiring. Also check the connectors on top of the gearbox.

Thank you for both of you...will try the switch and connectors as well...the issue is, this is the only 80 in my town..:) and have to do a lot myself with zero spare availability. bit challenging right? but enjoyable and sometime annoying...

I only have support from the experts overseas like you guys..Thanks..

Btw, how the actuator stops? is there any sensor inside the actuator or TC to know the gear engaged?..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back