Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre extinguishers (aka idiots attacking 4x4's)

I refrained from saying it on the Shackleton thread , because i think its a great discovery and it makes me happy to think some bloke i never met achieved his life long dream , but the conditions that allowed for the discovery contradict everything we are told about climate change . I'm not going to read the article again but i thought polar icecaps were melting and the sea level rising ?

That statement is 'gonna' start a whole New Debate Shayne... :lol: .... But Yes Fair Comment Mate

I thought this thread was about half wits (greens) letting tyres down, or did I miss something ?

No!.. Shackleton Now... Just go with it... It'll get back on Track :lol:

They're actually told to put a lentil in the valve cap and screw it on halfway so that it deflates while they run away!

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. We'd been out on a couple of errands and when we got back home a neighbour pointed out that one of the rear tyres was going flat. I couldn't see anything immediately wrong with it so I left it and when I unscrewed the valve cap this morning I found a tiny stone inside.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've just fitted some valve caps that can be tightened with a spanner, as many others I suspect.
Stops the opportunist cretins, but won't take long for them to catch on !

That's a good call, might have to invest in a set. Let's hope the eco terrorists don't get the hump and just start stabbing the tyres.

Some of these tyres we run are not easy to stab either.

Good call on the valves, will need to get some of those

Fitting a valve is just a temporary solution. I am thinking what is the root cause. these kids are produced from our education system, these are our kids gone wrong. Is our system flawed??

Most youngsters now ( and I say most as there are a few good uns) are as thick as shit but consider themselves brain surgeons. Believe anything theyre told if its come from Facebook or the latest trending idiots on it. I told a 21 year old the other day that rabbits layed eggs and he believed me.

There is concept of independent thinking and becoming best donkey of the system. Our system produces either best donkeys (grammar schools) or worst donkeys (state schools). There are private schools which produces elite donkeys :) where are schools that develop n shape up future humans??

Donkeys for sure, - but best or elite ? An oxymoron (or moron) in those terms, surely.
Donkeys are have a brain and are sensible anyway, so unfair to compare.

Last edited:
My interpretation of system. The system is fully funded by Govt. All schools run by govt, some grammar n some state (creating binary class- grammar ruling class and state the working class) some kids fall outside this and labelled as defective (not defectives though). However the problem we are seeing is not from defectives but those coming out of the schooling system.
Why? Why are our kids not complying to the system?

Logic, common sense, empathy etc are missing in schooling system. I noticed this n looking for best schools in the world for my kid and sadly we don’t rank among the best in the world

Anti climb paint so when the police turn up and he's in a coma there is at least no question about what you caught him doing .

Fitting a valve is just a temporary solution. I am thinking what is the root cause. these kids are produced from our education system, these are our kids gone wrong. Is our system flawed??

I don't buy that for a second. They know what's right and what's wrong, just like I did when I was a kid, the only difference being I knew if I got caught I'd expect and get a pasting.

Theres a touchy subject that has been blown out of all proportion Towpack . The threat of painful consequence for the most part removed the need for it .

Don’t know if this applies here, when young I did similar things but elders in society took on themselves and left me, I realised importance of social empathy etc.. now I should we forgive These kids, catch them and show them right way??

Back