Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre Pressure Gauge

warrenpfo

Just wondered if anyone could reccomend a good accurate tyre pressure gauge. At the moment i use an ARB tyre gauge which as you might know involves removing cap, screwing on tyre gauge then removing inner valve to get a reading and then reversing the process so that i can either add or remove air. Its a great tool but it would be far easier if i just had a simple gauge.

There are loads on ebay but are there Any good ones out there?

Tesco sell one for about a fiver. OK I wouldn't use it on an F1 car, but how accurate does it need to be exactly for a road car? I have never had a problem with mine. Also never had a pressure gauge that I needed to unscrew the core to use. I have the ARB ez deflator which does that but I don't use it AS a pressure gauge.

Suggest you try the Tesco digital one, it's pretty good.

Chris

This dose depend upon who's paying for it of course :shifty: :) ;)

As Chris says the Tesco one is entirely adequate for taking a tyre pressure reading and I too own just the same item and it has served me well and takes up little to no room in the glove box :D

SS12212-7690TPS1240086.jpg

And at the mo' it is only £4.00 and you also get 4 Tesco club card points to boot :D :D :D

Sadly though it's currently out of stock :(

Now :think: If somone elseis to be making the purchase for you as a present lets say :shifty: Then may I personaly recomend the Michelin Programmable Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge :D At around £25.00 :whistle:

custom-programable-digital-tyre-pressure-gauge.jpg

White LED flashlight
Range: 5 - 99 psi, 35 - 680 kPa, 0.4 - 6.8 bar
Stores recommended psi
Blue backlight display
Rubber grip
Storage case

It fits well in the palm of ones hand and has a quality weight about it :D

Still two sleeps till Christmas day, start droping some hints, Halfords sell them :D

Listen to the voices :) Buy me, Buy me, Buy me :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I went through a few digital gauges including an 'expensive' Michelin one similar but probably not identical to the one mentioned and they've all stopped working or become inaccurate after only a few uses so I make do with a mechanical one that's part of an inflator now.

Back