Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyres for my 90

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
Hi Guys,
Joined a while ago but due to studies and lack of funds I have not been doing many mods to my 90!:thumbdown:
Need new tyres now though so thought I would run it past the forum.

I have 265/65 r17's on at the minute (I have the 120 series alloys) I am sure that 265/70's will fit but do you think 75's will be ok?

I have no lift mods but as soon as I can I will put a lift on it.

So will the 265/75 r 17's be ok? I am going for the Hankook rf10's (more than likely).

Thanks guys.

I think on the standard suspension, you'll be pushing it putting 265/75r17s - you're bound to get some rubbing on the mudflaps and inner arches under articulation at the rear, and on full lock at the front.

Many people (on standard 16" alloys) go for 265/75r16s from the OEM 265/70r16 and even then have a few (minor) rubbing issues. The rolling radius/diameter of 265/75 in 16" is approx 253cm/80.4cm, whereas the same in 17" is approx 261cm/83cm - so a significant increase.

Once you have done your suspension lift, they might be fine with just a bit of mudflap fettling though.

Silvercruiser also has 120 alloys on his 95, he maybe able to give you a better idea. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that reply chadr, think I may be pushing it, the 70's were recommended to me so think I will go with them.
Cheers.

Yes, I think the 265/70r17s would give you the best compromise even with a suspension lift.

BTW - I have the Hankook Dynapro RF10s all round and have been very happy with them. However I did buy them when they were first introduced and prices were a lot lower - I paid around £75 per tyre from Camskills just over 2 years ago. Now I see that they are over £100 each. At that price, I would also look at other brands, such as General Grabber AT, Toyo Open Country AT etc. Running 17" alloys does limit your choice a little though.

With a students budget you might want to look at coil spacers and body lifts before you choose tyres , because if you do what i did then the tyres are by far the most expensive part of the process .

Again suggesting that 265 x 70 x R17 would be the optimum size for you.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the replies and info so far guys, I have now pretty much narrowed it down to the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 or a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3's. I am going for the 265/70 r17. Both seem to be a stand up AT tyre, can any more light be shed on this for me? Thanks lads.

Back