Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Uk newbie...

Danny b

Country Flag
uk
Hi all,
I just joined up as looks a great forum with plenty of knowledge!
I am in Northamptonshire so and local members please let me know...
I have a 2001 Colorado d-4d lwb.

Since buying it has spent most of its time in bits. Currently fitting a new sump on the engine. Next job will be suspension.
It will be used as a daily and for camping and exploring trips with the family. Want it capable but not OTT.

Current wanted list:
Wheel and tyres 265/75 16 or 265/70 17,
Wind out Side awning,
Winch.
Good condition headlamps.
Roof rack.

Please pm or reply if you have anything of interest.

Many thank
Daniel

Welcome Danny b where in Northants are you - we moved from Thrapston 14 years ago to Froggy France :)

There are a couple of members from Northants.
Picks of truck as soon as you can please :)

Hello and welcome to the forum Danny , if you search the classifieds section Sag had headlights for sale though it was quite a while ago . Also while looking for wheels it may interest you to know most opt for 16x8 with a zero offset instead of the standard 16x7 with a positive offset , widens the stance a bit .

80 series wheels is the easy answer if you can find some though I think the earlier trucks had 15s which won't fit .

Hi and welcome from the other forum
I do have 4 95 alloys with 265/65/16 BFG AT tyres going cheap
I also have 5 16'80 alloys in someone's garage not to far from you
David

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for the welcome, I am wellingborough, I have actually just won a set of 265/70 17's so going to be on the hunt for 8x17 mods with zero offset. I have this size on my 110 defender and looks good and keeps road handling nice.
I made up a winch mount today and will be keeping stock front bumper for now, in the new year I will then fabricate it into a full steel bumper. Just want it on the road first.

IMAG1731.jpg IMAG1784.jpg IMAG1783.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rushden man me :) 2 x then off to Thrapston (posh) The winch tray looks good. I dont suppose you fabricate rear bumpers too :) lol

Rushden man me :) 2 x then off to Thrapston (posh) The winch tray looks good. I dont suppose you fabricate rear bumpers too :) lol

I grew up in rushden. Can't believe you prefer France over Thrapston, What year is yours? Rear bumper will be made at somepoint I guess. Want to use it first and see what needs attention or limits off road ability. I am used to land rover.

Last edited:
Hello
Great looking truck!

In the long run way less attention than your LR needs, with only a little less off road ability as the pay off..

Might need a lift to compete better with the 110
And rear diff lock is gonna help!

welcome danny b nice truck, I'm new on the forum also and new to to land cruisers ,
the guys on here are a big help they have helped me out lots over last 2 weeks with my truck ,getting there now just wish i had a garage to do the work instead of working on the drive ,this cold cumbrian weather is no good for my old bones

Thanks for the welcome Dave, I know how you feel working out in the cold.. I also work on the drive. We must be keen!

Hello
Great looking truck!

In the long run way less attention than your LR needs, with only a little less off road ability as the pay off..

Might need a lift to compete better with the 110
And rear diff lock is gonna help!

I would take that challenge :icon-twisted:

Ditto on the garage guys i laid the base for one two years ago but when time and weather allow there's always something i want to do to one of my trucks or the trailer instead :)

Welcome Danny, nice looking truck you've got.

You'll get lots of help on here, plus a bit of nonsense .... :lol:

Back