Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Underbody protection

guruvetim

Country Flag
zimbabwe
It's a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know where I can get some CAD drawings of underbody protection plates for my 100 series?

My Cruiser lives in Zimbabwe and it's pretty much impossible to buy anything like that off the shelf so I was thinking of having some made up.

There are lots of off the shelf/aftermarket plates for various areas of your 100 if you Google, which must be cheaper than one offs made ?
I appreciate you may have shipping costs to where you are, but I got protection for my 120 as have others on here, which were very reasonable at the time with shipping from Roumania.
Good thick quality, all the holes lined up and fitted perfectly.

There are lots of off the shelf/aftermarket plates for various areas of your 100 if you Google, which must be cheaper than one offs made ?
I appreciate you may have shipping costs to where you are, but I got protection for my 120 as have others on here, which were very reasonable at the time with shipping from Roumania.
Good thick quality, all the holes lined up and fitted perfectly.
Do you have the web address? I'll look into it. I'm fairly sure the ridiculous Zimbabwe duty will rule it out though..

Yep, its www.sump-guard.co.uk
They are actually in Roumania and shipped pdq with decent packaging and reasonable total price.
They do sump guards, gearbox/transmission guards etc.
I hear what you're saying about import fees - normally a killer to transactions.
It was a few years ago, but I can't remember paying any extra import duty, but you would have to check on that.
There are other suppliers/manufacturers out there with similar stuff and different prices.

Yep, its www.sump-guard.co.uk
They are actually in Roumania and shipped pdq with decent packaging and reasonable total price.
They do sump guards, gearbox/transmission guards etc.
I hear what you're saying about import fees - normally a killer to transactions.
It was a few years ago, but I can't remember paying any extra import duty, but you would have to check on that.
There are other suppliers/manufacturers out there with similar stuff and different prices.
You're suggestion got me thinking, I've managed to find a supplier in South Africa and they'll do 6mm alloy kit for the sump and separate gearbox protection for R12275.00 just a little over £500 and I'll try to get a runner to collect so might be able to skip the duty.. Fingers crossed.

Land Cruiser 100VX 1998 - 2007 Engine and Gearbox Bashplate - GobiX - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Sounds like you have a solution there with a runner over the border, I heard of someone in Turkey that did similar, walking over the border from Cyprus with smaller parts, where the checks on pedestrians were not so stringent as vehicles. Good luck mate, 6mm aluminium sounds good !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Asfir4x4 doa kit for 100 series of all types- they deliver everywhere I believe

As said earlier in the thread there are lots of options, the downside coming from anywhere, is the OP felt the ridiculous Zimbabwe duty would kill imports to him. Always a PITA.

As said earlier in the thread there are lots of options, the downside coming from anywhere, is the OP felt the ridiculous Zimbabwe duty would kill imports to him. Always a PITA.
I checked out the duty to bring them in to Zimbabwe, it's 40% of the parts and shipping combined.. It makes it quite pricey. I'm looking at border runner options.

Folks, you need to remember we're talking Zimbabwe here - nothing is simple, and the concept of a 'runner' is alien to the UK as are all the other blockers faced into there.

If you're still battling ill put you in touch with a buddy might be able to help, otherwise hour runner will be the best bet. Alternatively landcruiserclub.co.za and see if anyone is heading up for Easter that can carry for you.

Heading back to Zim potentially September but flying Jhb - Byo then Gwanda - Hwange - Vic Falls then out again.... Still in planning though

Folks, you need to remember we're talking Zimbabwe here - nothing is simple, and the concept of a 'runner' is alien to the UK as are all the other blockers faced into there.

If you're still battling ill put you in touch with a buddy might be able to help, otherwise hour runner will be the best bet. Alternatively landcruiserclub.co.za and see if anyone is heading up for Easter that can carry for you.

Heading back to Zim potentially September but flying Jhb - Byo then Gwanda - Hwange - Vic Falls then out again.... Still in planning though
Hi Gary

I've just got back from Zim.. I'll also be heading back around August/September and the Cruiser is laid up till so I've got a while to sort something out.

My business partners son is pretty good at cross border business transactions so I'm sure he'll be able to make a plan before I get back. He managed to get my Bundutec back from Jo,burg with no duty.

Back