Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Clearly not a happy bunny…

Caution, strong language…

And from outside

From what I saw on the news, he was claiming that he was owed £600.

However, his beef shouldn't have been with Travelodge as he was sub-contracted by the Builders who were working for Travelodge.

The last I heard was that there was no problem with his payment - it was all 'in course'.

Counting to ten before exploding is usually a better course.

Bob.

It has to be said this is extreme and it clearly isn’t Travelodge’s fault. It’s going to do nobody any good whatsoever. I’ve heard of this sort of thing happening when private contractors have been left unpaid from direct customers and all attempts have come to nothing to get their money. There’s even videos on YouTube of the removal of, say, an extension that’s been left unpaid. I’ve no idea if it’s the case but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if this chap has seen something like that and put two and two together thinking it’s a good idea. Who knows. Clearly that £600 meant a lot to him.

Getting wages stolen is all too common , as well as landlords cheating tenants out if deposits.Wit trading standards & C.AB. gutted , most unions weak or sold out & industrial tribunals not an option taking things into your own hands is sometimes the only recourse.I'm owed 2.5 K from my last job in unpaid overtime & travel money & fortunately have a union with cojones to back me up.Most of those who got shafted along with me jus moved on & couldn't spend time going to the union office , meeting with lawyers or arranging tribunals.It's too easy for companies to rip off workers.

Irrespective of him taking it out on the wrong ‘party’ his actions were well over the top and criminal.

The courts will show him very little sympathy.

Now if he’d just broken a window (arguably in a rush of blood) with a damage value of say less than £600, he might have made his point and got a way with it a bit lighter.

It pays to stay in control in these situations.

I reckon he’d already written off any chance of getting his £600 before doing what he did and just thought f**k it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There’s one or two vids on YouTube that show something extreme going on and dozens of people getting their phones out to video it while nobody actually tries to help the situation. This I think is one of those. It must’ve kicked off a minute or two before the footage starts with the machine at the entrance. Had the guys outside realised this wasn’t going to be good and disabled the machine as they did later then the whole thing could have been minimised. Ok, big dose of hindsight here and it’s not always that obvious what is about to happen.

I think we are conditioned not to wade in. The chap that tries to reason with him is so lucky he doesn’t get hurt, either by the machine or by falling debris. He could have been killed so easily and what he was doing was ineffective. Good on the two guys that finally disabled the machine. Lord knows what else would have been targeted. I’m pretty sure it’s the driver screaming in rage from inside the machine while he’s destroying the foyer.

This incident reminded me of this one from a town in the US. Call it perspective if you like. The narrator gives a good background of how the town ignored the subject and apparently drove him out of business. It’s a different situation in many ways but has it’s similarities.

The tale of what it took to make a reasonable man, unreasonable.

Can anyone help me !!! I recently replaced the lower steering column joint on my 2004 LC4 , I noticed as I drove away the steering wheel was wrongly centered !!! And now I have slip light and wheels locking up over 30 mph on slight bends !!!! Does the steering wheel need realigned ???? , btw forgive me if I'm on the wrong thread as I've just found this forum !!!# beginners bad luck ??? Lol.

Back