Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Urgent help needed!!

Conrad-BJ70

Garage
Country Flag
malta
Guys, I have trouble with my fuel primer pump and I need to change it. I went to about half a dozen after-market shops but did not found a matching one. So I went to Toyota and they told me that primer pumps for my model are discontinued.

However, through a search on the internet I found an original one for HZJ75. This is where you come in. Can anyone tell me if it is compatible with a BJ70? When I asked allfourx4 (from where I found the HZJ pump), they did not know and their part number is different from mine. However according to toyodiy, they should be compatible.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

The 1HZ primer pump and 3B primer are completely different unless you have a rotary pump instead of the inline pump.
The 1HZ primer is on the fuel fliter and the 3B primer is on the side of the inline pump(if its an inline pump).
Try aussie ebay or ebay in any country for the 3B primer. You can also use the Bosch primer from a mercedes which is a high quality unit and only costs $20
I think you have to drill out the mount holes slightly.

If you do have a rotary pump with the primer on the fuel filter you probably can use the 1HZ primer. If you need one I know where you can get them for about $67 AUD plus postage

i would say take a clear pic of the primer pump that is on your engine and post it up.
that would help immensley to the discussion.

I bought another Toyota pump for the time being. This will be mounted on a custom-made bracket so that I won't have to drill any holes in the Cruiser. My mechanic said this should work. But I would still like to fit an original one in the future. So...on the pic's left is the original one on my LC...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/ ... C02294.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/ ... C02292.jpg

and this is the one I found on ebay (australia)...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300689003994? ... 726wt_1142

Well no problems about using the 1HZ primer then as its identical to that and its come down in price again,they were nearly $100 6 years ago :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The pump fitted nicely with a slight alteration...but had to order also the solenoid which stops the engine as it seems that it was the main cause of my trouble (engine used to stop abruptly). I will upload some pics of the newly fitted primer-pump soon. :)

i have never seen that primer pump used with inline pumps, rotory pumps only.
:think: another indication that the 13B was swapped in :think:

that is a great price for that pump and housing, congrats.
i like those pumps over the original down on the side of the injection pump, they don't leak as the ones on the side do.

Crushers said:
i have never seen that primer pump used with inline pumps, rotory pumps only.
:think: another indication that the 13B was swapped in :think:

that is a great price for that pump and housing, congrats.
i like those pumps over the original down on the side of the injection pump, they don't leak as the ones on the side do.

My thoughts also Wayne. I also think the pump was more to do with the year than the engine. After 1990 Toyota stopped using the 3B in the landcruiser but kept using B engines in Dynas and such.
So I think the pump and that style of filter on the fender became the norm for all their diesels after 90.

Ive yet to see one of these pumps wear out

you could be right with your deduction ...

i have yet to see one wear out but i have seen a number with cracked housings letting air into the system.
:think:

You lost me here! I'm not a technical person, so...no idea what's the difference between a rotory pump and an in-line pump! :shock:

Back