Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Viair pressure cut out switch

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Guys I have one of these fitted to my tank, but has stopped working.
90110_product.png

I know they are rated for about 10,000 cycles and Ive done about 50!
The switch incorporates a solenoid, but I can't see how to get it apart for a look see, or if it a serviceable item.

Any one have any ideas?

Update on this.

This switch was installed in 2009 when I had the truck at TBR - they were still based in Harwick at that time. So well out of warranty.

I contacted TBR - now in Oundle and spoke to one of the directors Louise Haider and explained the situation. The switch has only done about 50 cycles on the pump and the had failed. I ddn't ask for, nor did I demand a replacement, but enquired if there was anything they could do about speaking to the factory about this.

Within in 24 hours I received an emalil back from Louise to tell me that she had spoken to the factory in Germany and even though it was well outside,even the extended warranty. they would supply a new switch FOC!

Now thats what I call service!

Well done and Bravo TBR

Louise is pretty good. I got my AO rack from them with a club discount. When it arrived the packaging was damaged and the powder coating was chipped. I wasn't happy but no sooner had my tears started to flow, Louise gave me double discount and a bit of something else. Very happy. I have been to their place in Oundle. Not a lot in it, but they had not long since moved from Harwich. I don't have the same VIAIR pressure switch. Mine is the simpler plug into the pressure line one. This just cuts the current to the external relay. I think that one of yours is a tidier solution but does combine the relay and the switch all together so harder to fix in the field with auto parts perhaps.

Chris

Back