Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waeco CFX 40

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
This is the new model by Waeco, taking things by storm and performing well even though in the Holden Commodore for now for work :icon-cool:

IMG-20121209-00279.jpg

I like where they have put the display. Much better. And folding handles too, nice.

Like the addition of little corner bumpers too for stacking. Looks like the lid is recessed. Thermal efficiency is good on these, but anything that adds to it must be good

Chris

My buddy has one and its just as good as my CF40.. All the new features just add to what a great fridge this is for the price :)

I am going to hi-jack this thread with a question.

I am thinking of getting a coolbox/fridge for use in the UK. As we don't get the sort of temperatures we associate with the Aussie outback, I don't reckon I need an all out freezer, just a box to cope with a decent (ha-ha) English summer.

Any suggestions?

Roger

Hard to go wrong with the Waeco (or Engel, National Luna etc)
You don't necessarily need to use it as a freezer, anything worthwhile will have a compressor and will do real cooling..
What's your budget?

Where's best to buy the Waeco CFX - is there any point shopping around or are pricres pretty much the same. Looks a great piece of kit - I used 12v Waeco on a boat and it was brilliant in the hottest conditions - but its a lot of cash for a cold beer

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am going to hi-jack this thread with a question.

I am thinking of getting a coolbox/fridge for use in the UK. As we don't get the sort of temperatures we associate with the Aussie outback, I don't reckon I need an all out freezer, just a box to cope with a decent (ha-ha) English summer.

Any suggestions?

Roger

We used a Techni-ice ice box in Aus instead of a fridge; we filled 4-6 2-3 litre juice bottles and put them in the chest freezer for about 4 days and they were frozen solid. Put them in the ice box and it kept things cold for a good couple of days and drank the water off the bottles as they melted (which slowed the melt down further)

We'd get about 4-6 days out of it in QLD in May/June time, 8 when we didn't open it very much.

I've got it here with me, and I might be tempted to sell it before we go back to Aus... but I'd need to check with the GF.

Last edited:
Just to bring this up to date, I have, this very day, bought a Waeco Cool Ice model WC1-22. In other words a posh cool box.

Time will tell if it does what it says on the tin.

Thanks for all the help.

Roger

Just looking at the spec on that shows that there are some significant additions. Even just the provision of a usb charging socket has me reaching for the credit card. Nooooooooo

C

Oh, not short of a USB in the vehicle Gary. I just want a fridge with one in. ha ha. I have one in the head unit of the stereo.

You know me. Can't resist. Hmm, wonder if I can get a winch with a USB port?

I like the look of that... already costed it up in AUS; $30... so about £18... I shall have to wait to see how I can incorporate it into a vehicle...

Back