Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted.

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
I want to swap my sliding windows from the sliding two piece to the single one piece unit. So looking for a set up for sale, I believe the vent at the rear may be different as well?

regards

Dave

I'm planning to replace my sliding units with better sliding units Dave, one because I like to use them as opening windows and the other because I've heard that the louvres are different on the import fixed window option.However, when searching for these louvres, I don't see any options for different types...

Does anyone have any difinative answer to this, maybe photos of the fixed window louvre to compare?

Have a look on the gullwings thread. They are very slightly different. What I would say, is if you have the sliding style windows, clean the junction of the vent panel with the metal of the frame and stick a length of black electrical tape down the length of the join before fitting the glass for which you will need the fixed window rubbers (number in the gullwings thread), one each side. The rubber covers most of the tape and join so it's not a bad compromise. Longevity? Don't know yet. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, but the louvre panels look the same to me...:think:

I will have another look on the Gullwing thread Rich, but the trouble is, they're so beautiful, I'm trying to get the idea out of my head to order some, I DON'T NEED GULLWINGS, repeat after me, I DON'T NEED GULLWINGS.

Bugger, it's not working mmmmm, but I'll have a look anyway....

Assuming the 'hole' in the metal is the same the louvre on the fixed window looks thinner to me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't see any difference from them photos,
Perhaps need more of a "full on" picture of each?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459709165.151639.jpg
Chas's sliding window style louvre.
The fixed window style extend further towards the rubber and are broader at the bottom curve.

Hi Guys I'm having my sliding windows taken out too haven't asked my mate where he is getting windows from I shall ask for you , the reason I'm changing I have water leaking in

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

View attachment 25445
Chas's sliding window style louvre.
The fixed window style extend further towards the rubber and are broader at the bottom curve.

I did read somewhere they were different, thanks for clarifying. They only got five seater's and fixed windows here and very few at that, but the climate means I need to find a smashed one, they certainly won't be rusted away, so they are scarce in the breakers yards.

regards

Dave

Hi Guys I'm having my sliding windows taken out too haven't asked my mate where he is getting windows from I shall ask for you , the reason I'm changing I have water leaking in

Water ingress at that point is normally down to the seals failing with age. I want to change them for the 'cleaner look', and nice and easy to tint!

regards

Dave

Mine in garage this weekend for job doing, start of a make over now

Dave, at the risk of sounding ever so slightly the salesman here…have you err…
…perhaps…
…considered a pair of gullwings? [emoji4]

No tinting required…[emoji4]

Dave, at the risk of sounding ever so slightly the salesman here…have you err…
…perhaps…
…considered a pair of gullwings? 樂[emoji4]

No tinting required…[emoji4]

I have seen a few variations on the theme but it not for me, I was trying to tidy up the lines and reduce the possibility of leaks. TBH I am hoping loads will buy the gull wings, and then the one piece glass becomes cheaper for me to buy. :thumbup:

Come you guys and girls (with one piece windows), you just know you want the gull wings!! :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

Cheque's in the post OK Dave…[emoji4]

Just got mine back c9ed2f5b7e4083270707a1bea407cce1.jpg1b28ec1060db2015208cc42c60383bb0.jpg. Complete rotten framework all good now, the plastic vents are definitely different the are deeper on none sliders

I also think the fixed glass looks a lot cleaner than the sliders

Back