Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waste of a Land Cruiser

[emoji20][emoji20] RIP!

Let's hope he has learned well from this lesson. Good chance a decent winch (on something) would have saved that.

Shame.

Listen boss you won't believe it but i just stopped for a cuppa tea and ............

Ooops, just down the road from me

Extra problem, no vehicles allowed on that beach, big notice, could be getting his wrists slapped as well

Who is to say it wasn't a LR owner seeking revenge to tarnish the global iconic image of the Landcruiser? No doubt the article is being thrown around the LR forums...
Imagine the fallout from us if the 4x4 in question was a Disco...:violin:

That's not the fault of the vehicle Mojo, I think any marque would have got stuck in that mud with those tyres. It shows a lack of knowledge IMHO, which is no crime in itself. That's what's called learning the hard way!! [emoji4]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If it was a legal byway I would have drove it after checking the tides, but I would have had the gear to get me out, and a few LR anchors to winch off along for company!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.0695267,-4.1803198,3691m/data=!3m1!1e3

Hope this comes out

Appledore is to the lower left of the picture with the life boat in the river, Instow and beach across from Appledore to the right, Crow Point is the bit pointing towards Instow
In the pictures you can see behind the Cruiser Instow Oil Jetty, Tankers moor up there

You "could " cross there on the biggest of spring tides, but it would still be fairly deep in the channel, I'm only guessing but probably anywhere up to 3'
The mud in the river is very sticky and deep, as I've found out to my cost, having gone down to my waist, and there's sinking sand in places, (know from experience)

It's the 2nd fastest tide in England, fishing further upriver, I have been on the sand, the tide turned and a mini wave came upriver, I had to grab my rods and run to the bank, it can be quite scary at times

Last edited:
Having looked at the OS map now you've pointed out where it is Brian, sheer lunacy driving a motor on there, my Argocat would have made it tho :laughing-rolling:

Time and tide waits for no man but i do hope the owner is the sort of guy who buys things for cash because if it's one of those numpties that will sign his life away on never never credit agreements to pretend he has money such an uninsured loss is beyond scope .

Last edited:
I think its a nice touch that the windscreen wiper blades are working as the tide rolls in. Reminds me of a dog paddling in the water LOL

Poor owner, not only is his pride hurt, but he'll have to deal with the insurance folks.
Blame it on the GPS ! "It told me to turn her"

Back