Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Water getting in

kingtom

Country Flag
uk
I've developed a leak in the truck some where. All the water gathers in the rear N/S quarter panel. No other part of the teuck seems to be wet though there is a fair bit of condinsation now inside. The trucks parked on a slope so water will always migrate down to this point so proving hard to find. Looking at similar threads ive checked the drains on the sunroof that all seem to be clear. The gulwings have new rubbers and are all dry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom, I suggest removing the drain plug there, or if there isn’t one, make one.

IMO you’ll never combat condensation (easily) so just let it out or put a permanent breather in there.

Both mine rotted out as a consequence and I’ve had them reconstructed (along with several other members’ trucks) but if your’s are in reasonable condition, decent drain / venting may save the day.

It’s worth checking the sill “slit” drains as well, they vent water piped down to the inside of the sills from the factory sunroof aperture...

9A437B25-2C8B-4E40-8D35-C61DCA38C369.jpeg

It can also get sucked in by venturi effect around the rear lights. I had a big hole in my inner wing behind the plastic guard by the fuel filler cap. You'd have thought that spilling derv would have prevented corrosion, but it was pretty bad. Plenty of ways for water to get in.

Cheers guys.

Had all sorts apart today and think you could be onto somthing with the rear light Chris. Didnt look like it would let to much water in but the seal on the back bit had definitly seen better days and the way the truck gets parked the whole of the roof and roof tent drains onto the back corner and over the light.

Fingers cross ive solved it

Some of that never set windscreen sealer should sort that out.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There used to be some stuff called seek ‘n’ seal, or suchlike, years ago...

Spangles, Barratt’s Sherbet Fountains, Aztec bars, Toffee Treets, Picnic, Trebor Black Jacks & Mojos (4 for 1d), petrol ration books...

Cod liver oil ....
I think that may run out of the lights there Ben.

Seeingvas Chris has mentioned it, yes, I agree the butyl screen seal stuff I got from eBay is superb. Goes like blue tak but black. Here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/221384238072
Or there is a tape version like the old licorice laces.

One other possible is the trim just below the Gullwing that sits on top of the shoulder in line with the bottom of the windows. The seals go around the little clips that hold these on and let water in. The whole strip is about £30 from Amayama.

The condensation is probably in the truck as a tell tale result of having water inside it somewhere as you've found out.

Sorry did you just say Green Shield Stamps?

(Allow 28 days for delivery, batteries not included; send postal order for 3')

Back