Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Water getting into boot!!

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Folks,
Came back from holiday and boot is very wet on the left hand side, anybody have good ideas on how to trouble shot were the water is getting into the car and how to fix it??
C8C26904-A911-4E29-90D2-3CCB2A66200F.jpeg
B2BE6964-6600-443D-A88C-40354619ADC5.jpeg
FE1395B1-7C36-4E42-B2D7-1BE5E4A0FB32.jpeg

Open the back door ad slide the plastic at the bottom of the window (outside) forward and off to reveal loads of holes Toyota put there with a little gasket on each to keep water out .

Maybe a long shot, But check your rear light lens seals. They are Prone for letting water in... Water will always find a way in.....

Thanks, will take a look at the gasket, any recommendations on a good sealant??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You might want to look for rust holes under the arch, the metal gets porous and will let water in as it is thrown up by the wheel action, ask me how I know.

And the lens leak @Higgy mentions is also common, get someone to shine a strong light around the lens whilst in a darkened garage, if light comes through you have at least one source of a leak.

regards

Dave

You might want to look for rust holes under the arch, the metal gets porous and will let water in as it is thrown up by the wheel action, ask me how I know.

And the lens leak @Higgy mentions is also common, get someone to shine a strong light around the lens whilst in a darkened garage, if light comes through you have at least one source of a leak.

regards

Dave
Cheers Dave will check this as well

If your arches just have slight rot you could clean them off with a brush on an angle grinder and then patch with fibreglass. It's a very quick repair with no heat risk.

My right hand one had to have the outer fibreglass arch removed and a complete new inner arch made with a new lip as well. The left hand does not look too bad but I have other things going on at the present so it can wait FTM.

regards

Dave

just working through it, removed the rear lourve as well!!
E65A6CCB-1937-4563-990B-D4ECB93313DD.jpeg
E3100BF1-EC41-425C-9504-1FD05D1675DB.jpeg
0B7EB2DC-B794-4021-A7EB-3CA174AEF0AF.jpeg
DD03306E-308E-43FF-93C1-CDEEB8D7DE88.jpeg

Open the back door ad slide the plastic at the bottom of the window (outside) forward and off to reveal loads of holes Toyota put there with a little gasket on each to keep water out .
Just to confirm .. thats the stripe below the rear sliding windows? Iv the same issue exact same spot leaking into bottle jack holder

Back