Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

water tank solutions - water bladder

Surfy

Drinking-Water-Bladder-Tank-for-Centre-Console-fleximake-watertank-3.jpg

I did detect this kind of flexible water tank inside of a facebook group recently. I really like this solution compared to other ways of water storage.

They are a perfect mobile solution, easy to install and remove. And no water noise out of the tank, compared to classic water tanks.

Article:
flexible Watertank or bladder for vanlife and overlanding - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

There I start to collect links to competitors too.

Which water tank solution do you use?

Guess depends a lot if you travel more short term at weekends, or if you travel extended...

Surfy

Never a perfect answer on this one, only the best solution for the set up in hand really. I have two set ups with plastic tanks and one that has two stainless custom tanks. Carrying around 50 litres in the vehicle solutions does teach you to be economical with water you find ways of doing things like using boil in the bag meals then washing up with the hot water. But you'll also learn neat ways to fill up. I've had the awning set up in the pouring rain with the run off going into a clean bucket with a pump in it, putting it back into the tank. Just make sure that the bladder is as easy to fill as it is to empty.

A good idea .... my only concern would be quality .... if it leaks you loose all your water supply .
Someone always has to be first to try new ideas ....if it's made in China just be a bit wary .

We have used water bladders but the often taint the taste of the water with plastic or rubbernecked taste

Used the Swiss 20ltr bladders that frontrunner (used to?) sell and the 100 ltr one, and a bunch of others over the years.

If you are going to the desert then the thick canvas ones make sense (to supplement your main store ). Otherwise, yeah stick to real water tanks.

There is the question of cleaning as well, and keeping it dry and all that.

@GeekOKent: Thank you - I did found it in Online!

Never a perfect answer on this one, only the best solution for the set up in hand really. I have two set ups with plastic tanks and one that has two stainless custom tanks. Carrying around 50 litres in the vehicle solutions does teach you to be economical with water you find ways of doing things like using boil in the bag meals then washing up with the hot water. But you'll also learn neat ways to fill up. I've had the awning set up in the pouring rain with the run off going into a clean bucket with a pump in it, putting it back into the tank. Just make sure that the bladder is as easy to fill as it is to empty.

We did carry 85 Liters, what is enough for us two - also with a hot shower all 2 days - the tank was not empty at 12 days off-grid.

For shure we had to take care during washing the dishes.

A good idea .... my only concern would be quality .... if it leaks you loose all your water supply .
Someone always has to be first to try new ideas ....if it's made in China just be a bit wary .

It is australien made - and you find even some youtube reviews from different users. Seams too to be stabile:

s-l500.jpg

I did manage by my non -bladder tank - to flood the inside of the vehicle.

Just clean water isnt that bad ;-) It will dry in one day.

At least if you compare to what happens, if you get stuck during driving offroad. You not alway lucky to hit clear river water...

DSC00563.JPG

Surfy

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think they are interesting but I think you need an efficienct way to fill them. Saw a motorcyclist try and fill a fuel bladder once and it took him ages trying to hold it in the right direction to accept fuel. Think if you had a hose to fill it would be much better.

Back