Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

"We decided to Shoot him Dead"

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Drug dealer

That's the way,

"The suspect was in a very frantic state," Wu Changwei, police chief for Cangxi county, told China Central Television shortly after the incident. "Taking into consideration the safety of the hostage, we decided to shoot him dead."

<snip>It is illegal to possess guns in China. Police are trying to learn where Zhang obtained the two guns that were in his possession.<snip>

Looks like possessing drugs also isn't a good idea.

Gra.

I know Gra is in China, but having worked in Hong Kong for some time where the Police have a very similar (paramilitary) outlook, crime is extremely low. The streets are safe and unbelievably clean. They don't mess about those lads. There's no such thing as a warning shot. I always felt very safe.

Chris

Here I can walk home from the pub, any time of the day or night, and feel no one is going to mug me.
It just doesn't seem to be "in them" to do that, they will rather walk with you, and chat.
Sure there are a few bad apples every where, but I feel pro-rata, this place is unbelievably safe.
Especially for a foreigner, it seems a totally different culture, which it is, some thing I feel UK lost in the 70's and 80's.
The time the worry strikes me, and I feel this every time, is when I land at Manchester or Heathrow airport.
I landed late one night in Manchester, and needed to take a train, I was genuinely worried I would be jumped upon, on the train.
I couldn't wait to get off.

Gra.

Hi Gra
"shot him dead" I think they should have shot him alive, that would have been much more painfull.

Frank

Back