Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wedding Landcruiser

jonpaul3rd

Country Flag
uk
My daughter has grown up with Landcruisers, and is getting married in a couple of months and would like to travel in one on her special day. However, we sold our last one in November - I don't suppose anyone here is interested in renting theirs out for a day, or knows somewhere I can get one for a day? I'm in Buxton, Derbyshire. Thanks all, Jon

Mmmn, yes I have a smart one, however I can see all sorts of problems if the slightest thing goes wrong on someones special day so, much as I'd like to help I'll pass, but thanks for the mention Rich.

My LC is ok, not 100% per my expectations. You ll find its pics on here somewhere if it’s ok for you and if you can’t find anything else nearby, v ll plan.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks @Raj. I've found one for hire that's fairly local and I may well go with as I can get it for less than £200. It's black which obviously isn't the norm for a wedding car, and I do like the look of yours but with everything else going on for the wedding I may take the local easy option. Unless I can find a decent white one - that would probably swing it for me!

Reactions: Raj
Renting out any car is going to be an insurance nightmare :think: but then if she gets a lift to Church in a Landcruiser shes likely to run off with the driver :lol:

Seriously though what kind of wedding are we talking about because Limo's top hat and tails is very different from what i call a good cotton eye joe wedding .

Same with our cruisers , plenty of clean ones about but few new ones .

Perhaps the title should read "Bride needs a ride" which will get some optimistic looks :icon-wink:

It's more cotton eye joe, and she is used to and likes old cruisers. Nothing fancy, just clean and in good nick. The one I sold on last November was a 97 model and she would have been happy with that!

Thats what i figured , mrs thinks mine is good enough but your at least 4 hours away . Black truck still with 7 seats and i haven't yet tinted the windows . Need long legs to get into it though especially on the passenger side since i lost the step .

Thanks Shayne - I realised when I posted the question that it was a long-shot, but if you don't ask....

What about where is Gibson. Mint white 80 series and London based I believe

Buxton is Peak District ?

Don't give up hope jonpaul , way i see it is few want to commit to doing a favour months in advance .

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding! It's wonderful that she wants to add a personal touch by traveling in a Landcruiser on her special day. While I can't directly help with renting one, I suggest checking out local vehicle rental services in Derbyshire.

On a different note, if you're ever in need of light and sound production services to enhance events, you can explore options at https://lalightingandsound.com/. Although unrelated to Landcruisers, it might come in handy for future celebrations.

Wishing your daughter a beautiful wedding day filled with joy and memorable moments!

Last edited:
Thanks. Wedding has now been & gone. Ended up with a 7-seater white Mercedes as couldn't get a land cruiser from anywhere. A fabulous day!

Back