Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weekend break ideas?

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all,

I'm looking to take my wife on a weekend break to relax and chill, I originally looked at spa hotels within the uk and I was getting prices in excess of £500 just for the rooms, and that's in January!

The main point has to be great good and wine, we both really enjoy Italy but rome maybe wasted as we won't really your the city, just for some lazy days, do so some shopping and eat and drink :) we do tend to enjoy places off the beaten track but as it's just a weekend, I don't want to venture to far away from the airports but rather not a city that's manic.

whats lisbon like too?

Barcelona?

2nd vote for Barcelona

Marrakech? very different from other short haul destinations, plenty or spa riads/hotels for relaxing/pampering so you don't need to go into the souks and medina unless you want

Barcelona looks like a cracking deal, last time I went there was about 15 years ago and I hardly remember it. Plus I can stay in a 5* hotel in deluxe room with sea views via the balcony at just £160 per person including flights and breakfast, thats crazy cheap! I just don't know why the UK hotels are so expensive in comparison!

What puts me off visiting Marrakech, is that I have never liked Arab countries when ever I have been to them in the past, what city is Marrakech most like?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you hurry you can just catch the last round of the Moto GP championship in Valencia this weekend.:auto-sportbike:

Oooh I bet she'd love that. Dead romantic. You could just take her down the dog track and treat her to pie and peas as well. Maybe share a bottle of stout. Mmmn.

What puts me off visiting Marrakech, is that I have never liked Arab countries when ever I have been to them in the past, what city is Marrakech most like?

erm difficult that one, don't think I've been anywhere like Marrakech

Back