Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

West Wales laning: Nant y Moch

We did a damn fine job Jon and to be fair I think he was safer with us than he was in the hospital by all accounts. Never really heard anything from him afterwards. He had a nice petrol 80.

That's mother natures lure , to pit yourself against her and survive is considered success :crazy:

Ranulph Fiennes must be a paragon of sensibility i suppose :lol:

Ahem, is someone going to tell a story here, or if I've missed something, at least post a link?

Please?

We had "epic rescue" from Crispin many moons ago now, then Ben's roll off the mountain complete with technicolor photos, it's time we had another ....

I think we did mention it at the time but I can't be sure. Chris has a way with words though so maybe he'll tell the story again for us Clive.

Sorry for the thread jack oak but it's sort of relevant :)

Long time ago Clive. Long story but basically we were parking up for the night and Keith slipped on a stone and broke his leg in the middle of Strata. One crew went to fetch the paramedics whilst some stayed behind to look after him. We built a tent around him and ran the engine to blow warm air in as he was going into shock. Then he was strapped to a board and driven back to a waiting ambulance.

It was extremely tense

There was a thread as I remember reading the story.

Only done SF once with waste deep snow on the way there. had to break 40mm thick ice in the river crossings but we're only bonnet deep. but we're on 37 inch tyres so but taller then standard.

Great day out and would love to go back one day.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys, sorry to cause a rumpus.

Clearly, the teamwork probably saved his life. It sounds dramatic but so many people perish while half a dozen stand by watching them die.

Shock is a killer, without the problems of internal bleeding and other complications from a breakage.

Well done all, even if it was a while ago.:clap: :thumbup:

Back