Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Western Sahara April 2017

BTW very warm welcome at Hotel Al Jasira when I arrived and 350dh B&B, I think this is cheaper than the online prices

Thanks for the travel info Mark. Time now for you to enjoy some R&R I guess :).

Nice couple of days relaxing. Weathers been great and the forecast shows things warming up towards the end of week although it looks like it may be cold overnight in Azrou.

Apparently the campsite in Guercif has closed down, the next closest is 30km further on. Looks to be a couple of hotels in town but I wouldn't expect much!

Officially Morocco now has Summer Time and sunset tonight was about 19:45 (for planning your drives)

I'm heading off tomorrow through the Atlas, looking forward to seeing the conditions! and will head east over the next 4 days before heading upto Midelt on Friday and onto Azrou for Saturday.

Hope you ferry crossing is smooth on Tuesday :)

Thanks for the info not sure if we will make azrou as I no the ferry is never on time but we will keep in contact

Back on the road after yesterday's drama. Getting a full check tomorrow. Kind of changed my plans for the week a little but I'm still on course for Azrou on Saturday.

A nice feeling 28-30 degrees in the south today.

Hopefully SamW, Kingdom and JohnofLndon are have BG a pleasant ferry crossing

Well I'm still in Zagora getting the truck fixed. Diff is done now it's a seized rear caliper

Camped for the first time last night overnight temps 21degrees here and 30 ish during the day. Very pleasant.

2 other 90's in the garage both rally cars. One snapped a lower suspension arm the other(D4D 95) has blown a turbo. Had a great lunch with the girls from the 2 cars yesterday.

Interesting 90 with 2 dampers front and rear on each side. Still snapped an arm though.

No news from the others yet but they should be south Spain by now.

I'm still on track to get to Azrou on Saturday but may need to come back to Zagora next week to settle the bill. I just can't get money out fast enough!

Hi Mark,

Just arrived in Seville, good run down from Santander, but is it the shower or the cold beer I need first. Decisions decisions.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Life choices can be difficult with like that!

I'm all fixed hopefully so will still be in Azrou as planned

Mark,
Also I tried to email Carlos the ticket but the mail bounced. Cut and pasted the address in your mail so it should have worked. Any clues? Probably too late now to get him organised so I'll just call in in the morning.
J

John,
I am tracking Sam & Tom, they are south of Malaga right now, but have to get toms girlfriend from Malaga airport in the morning, I don't know if they are getting their tickets from carlos today or in the morning, but you may bump into them in Southern spain tonight, if you PM me I can give you Sams mobile no so u can find out where they are exactly tonight if u want.

Andy

Your probably ok just turning up at Carlos place. I paid 165 Euro 1 person car Open Return. Make sure you get an open as your not tied to a specific sailing.

Still aim for Azrou, I've got plenty of time to get there for Saturday and were hopefully meeting Tom and Sam there as well.

Today's work has been new rear brake pad and caliper all for £20 Diff was a little more expensive than home but it's fitted and doesn't mean I need to be careful until I could get one from home. Labour came in at about £150 for a day or so

Hi @MarkW . Happy to hear you are good to go :).

So you have had the front diff replaced and the rear is still the one you had refurbished before setting off?

Hopefully that is the end of your mechanical problems but bear in mind I am catching the ferry from Plymouth on the 9th if you need anything bringing out from the UK.

Byron.

Yes replacement front and rebuilt rear Byron. I did consider getting you to bring one out but they had one on site in a hour so although a little more expensive it keeps me running for the next few week.

Just arrived in Midelt and it's a lot cooler here but still a pleasant 24degrees.

Pretty sure I saw everyones favourite campsite owner Kamal yesterday!

Oh @ByronJ @GeorgeG rember to do fiches and plenty of em we'll get asked a lot in the WS. If you need the template again I can email you it.

Also I'll be on Channel 21 tomorrow if anyone gets lost around Azrou

Hi Mark,

Bumped into Sam and Tom at Carlos's. They are planning on a ferry in the morning so are making hard work of the day if they are going to arrive on Saturday. Today the 2 o'clock ferry left promptly at 3.45 and I am facing the same life decisions again today.

See you tomorrow at the campsite. Channel 21 Euro AM channel?

Cheers John

Er I think so I just switch it on and turn to ch21

Be nice if everyone makes it tomorrow but if not hopefully we'll see them at Guercif area

Mark,
I don't think sam & tom are planning to make azrou tomorrow night,

Thanks Andy, Sam said it was unlikely. Hopefully we'll catch them in Guercif

I'm ready to go and will hit the road after I finish my coffee in in a few minutes :)

Hi George. I SPOT that you are making good progress :thumbup:. Just realised that you drove right through Belgrade. My brother lives there. He has no interest in cars - he is a musician but he is always up for a beer :icon-biggrin:. Perhaps you could visit him on the way back :sunglasses:.

Well I landed at Gatwick yesterday, drove directly to Lancaster and bought another 80 :fearscream:. Mr T passed his MOT today so that makes getting back into the UK a little easier after the Western Sahara trip. I have a load of stuff to get ready (and grass to cut - unrelated) for the trip but look forward to meeting you in Morocco next week.

Take care.

Byron

Back