Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wet and Dry Vac

warrenpfo

I know this might be best posted on mumsnet or the like but given allot of you have a workshop and there are a few chippy's on the site I wondered if anyone had an opinion on a good brand or model.

I want to use it around the garage to suck up grinding dust, wood work shavings, the odd spill and when required clean car mats etc.

I know Kartcher make one and there is a wet and dry Henry along with a Vax variant and they all much of a muchness in price.

Thanks in advance

I've t a Henry wet and Dry - I think its called a Charles.
It's not bad - has helped no end when we built our extension, and a couple of cars I have wet cleaned the carpets and seats.

If there's a Machine Mart near you, pop in and have a look at their range. They have quite a few and a wide price range. We bought one a few years ago for around £60 and it's the best vac we've owned. Great for the car and in the garage, picks up nails and screws etc.. no problem.

George does it well in my house, another Henry variant.

i bought the £50 one that pops up in lidl now and then, it comes with a three year warranty and i use it pretty much all the time with my plumbing and it sucks really good.

I have a Karcher one and would buy it again without hesitation. I also have a Dewalt corded/cordless one that is complete rubbish.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a Karcher one and would buy it again without hesitation. I also have a Dewalt corded/cordless one that is complete rubbish.

Interesting, I've also got the corded/cordless Dewalt one and quite like it. Use it round the workshop and in the vehicles and it does an ok job. I've got loads of 18v batteries for it which helps. I find that keeping the filter clean makes a huge difference.

Cheers

We use these, they also make them in red and sell them under the Hilti brand for 4x as much.... usually a bargain to be had on Ebay or screwfix
http://consumer.nilfisk.co.uk/Produ...ners/Wet-DryVacs/Multi20/Nilfisk_Multi20.aspx
The only one to survive a property maintenance business. it's spent entire days sucking dust from raking out then spent the following day sucking flood water then the following week sucking dust from a sander. NOTHING survives in our world LOL

Back