Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What Andrew St Pierre White did next

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Thought this was an interesting career move after championing 4x4 in Southern Africa for the last 20+ years. Essentially he is building top spec cruisers for overlanding.

I wonder if this essentially puts Andrew in competition with his usual sponsors?

[youtube:300zvap6]AUl4IMmhkgY[/youtube:300zvap6]

The new Autograph4x4 website is here.

It sounds like he's just, as he phrased it at the beginning, just 'cherry picking' what is best from the enormous area of off-roading accessories, which is what we all try to do, so it's not really a 'new concept' is it? but I really like that self supporting Fox Wing awning, I want one :mrgreen:

Lorin said:
I think that awning was the Ostrich Wing
Thanks Lorin, I didn't notice him say which one so I guessed :oops:

Cossack said:
I didn't notice him say which one so I guessed

He didn't Chas, nor does it say on his website - I only thought I knew because I've been wanting one for a while! I just emailed Andrew and he replied confirming it is an Ostrich Wing :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are those Ostrich Wings available in the UK? Anyone had a price yet?

Cheers

Cossack said:
It sounds like he's just, as he phrased it at the beginning, just 'cherry picking' what is best from the enormous area of off-roading accessories, which is what we all try to do, so it's not really a 'new concept' is it? but I really like that self supporting Fox Wing awning, I want one :mrgreen:

Hi Chas - you are right it isn't, but my point was that Andrew could be in direct competition with his supporters/suppliers/sponsors which is new for him.

Will be an interesting venture because it is the aftersales service that makes or breaks these things. He'll no doubt charge a premium - I'm interested to see what the SA market's capacity for this approach.

I am a fan of his shows though.

SimonD said:
Cossack said:
Hi Chas - you are right it isn't, but my point was that Andrew could be in direct competition with his supporters/suppliers/sponsors which is new for him.
Will be an interesting venture because it is the aftersales service that makes or breaks these things. He'll no doubt charge a premium - I'm interested to see what the SA market's capacity for this approach.
I am a fan of his shows though.
Oh yes, I'm a great fan of his shows too, always something of interest, :clap: and I suppose it is a new concept to Andrew :thumbup:

I see from his website that he's tied in with one of the biggest dealers - Imperial Toyota. So maybe a sort of Arctic Trucks tie-in deal?

Also sounds like he's only done 3 vehicles so far, but I think he means 3 models :lol:

Gav Peter said:

Cheers

TBR have one in stock at a frightening £808.95 inc VAT :shock: I can also confirm that they weigh 23kg.

Group buy anyone......?

Lorin said:
Gav Peter said:
Are those Ostrich Wings available in the UK? Anyone had a price yet?Cheers
TBR have one in stock at a frightening £808.95 inc VAT :shock: I can also confirm that they weigh 23kg.
Group buy anyone......?
Hmm, :eusa-think:

Lorin said:
Gav Peter said:

Cheers

Group buy anyone......?
Fark...

Back