Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What do we think about the Ironman Bull Bar?

Hi Guys,

I saw the Ironman Bull Bar Winch Bumper at the British Indoor 4x4 Show this weekend. West Coast 4x4 had a stand and a well kitted LC80 on display.

It looks well made and a good copy of the ARB one - just wanted to know if anybody has one fitted and if you have any comments :thumbup: or :thumbdown: or shall we not speak about it :shh: ??

Any comments valued.

Dave Docwra just bought one - he should have had it by now... I'm sure he'll be along to discuss in a bit...

I've seen them too - they look fair dinkum, not quite my bag stylewise but good enough to carry a winch around in :cool:

I think Ian may be bringing in something very similar if his expedition to China pays off.

ive got one on mine... looks very well on and well made, easy fitting aswell. have yet to get a winch. Ive got a square registrastion plate on it too looks better IMO. sorry no pics

Mine arrived this afternoon,

I have to say I am not an expert on winch bumpers, this is my first experience
of purchasing & fitting one,

First impressions with the product are good, it seems very well built & looks that it will
be fairly easy to fit, I like the idea of the winch fitting directly by its base to the rear of the
front face of the bumper, thus allowing the bumper to take the full strain & not just the four
mounting bolts,

Only negative is the marker lamps are usable but lack quality,I will look around for
something better in due course.

I have ordered a Goodwinch 9.5i TDS winch & hopefully I will fit it over the weekend, I will let
you know how I get on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave Docwra said:
Mine arrived this afternoon,

I have to say I am not an expert on winch bumpers, this is my first experience
of purchasing & fitting one,

First impressions with the product are good, it seems very well built & looks that it will
be fairly easy to fit, I like the idea of the winch fitting directly by its base to the rear of the
front face of the bumper, thus allowing the bumper to take the full strain & not just the four
mounting bolts,

Only negative is the marker lamps are usable but lack quality,I will look around for
something better in due course.

I have ordered a Goodwinch 9.5i TDS winch & hopefully I will fit it over the weekend, I will let
you know how I get on.

im not a fan of that mounting design as it means you have to strip the winch down and rotate the base, so that the knob/lever that controls the spool in and out is still on the top. :thumbdown:

Ben you just tell DB how the winch will be mounted and he sends it ready for that configuration :thumbup:

Had one fitted a while ago, Bumper is ok winch broke the first time i used it, fairlead snapped the second time. havent used it since

Bumper was not fitted right it moves up or down wards resulting in my arches to break. when confronted the garage they said it just needs to be welded so there is no movement. thats great afterwards advice!

Back