Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is the unassigned socket for?

120mm

Country Flag
germany
I pulled off my dash today, and found an extra socket, (the one on the left) which appears to do nothing.

11304179_10205856953817472_2138770680_n.jpg

I have the bottom right one going toward the mirror adjustment and the top right one going for the instrument cluster light adjustment.

I gleefully benefited from the free CDL modification by installing a warning flasher button into the pre-existing CDL socket which was unused, and am wondering what this could possibly go to? Anyone have a clue on this? I suppose I could get another warning flasher and then just see what happens, but just in case it's potentially lethal.

Drew

Last edited:
No idea really, folding mirrors perhaps, unless you have them already...:think:

That makes sense. The wires are located and head toward that direction, the more I look at them. Thanks!

Drew

Folding mirrors use the same plug as the mirror adjustment, but have one extra wire at the top right corner. This sends the signal to the control box when the button is pressed to fold in the mirrors. Mine has the headlight washer jet button there and head light up and down adjustment. Will be one of them.

Photo0073.jpg

Last edited:
Mine has neither of those. I guess I was still giddy about the Central Differential Lock for $5 thing.

I will live with my disappointment, though.

Back